International Calling Credit - Question Answered

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
southsound

International Calling Credit - Question Answered

Post by southsound » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Question answered, but left here as an FYI
This is driving me nuts. When I purchased my ooma core sysem from Costco on February 2, 2009, I could have sworn that the online description showed a $50 international credit and 60 days of Premier along with the hub and scout for $219. After I received the unit I was having some problems with echo so I concentrated on getting that sorted out. The system has been working wonderfully - thanks, ooma support!

At that time there were quite a few messages going around the forum about it taking a while to receive the credit. Since I don't normally make international calls, I thought I'd just wait for it to show up. A couple of days ago I called and found out that my unit may not qualify for the promotion. Did anybody else buy their unit from Costco on or about that date - and do you remember (or better yet, have a printout of the desciption page) describing the international credit?

It's not a big deal as I may never use the credit, but it's unusual that I can't find anything in my copies (other than a few comments on other forums) about the promotion during February at Costco.
Last edited by southsound on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

murphy

Re: Did you buy your ooma core from Costco about Feb. 2, 2009?

Post by murphy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:41 pm

If you may never use it it's probably not worth your time to pursue it. The credit had a use by expiration date. I bought mine from Best Buy in January and didn't bother to apply for the credit because I knew that I wouldn't be able to use it before it expired.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

southsound

Re: Did you buy your ooma core from Costco about Feb. 2, 2009?

Post by southsound » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 pm

murphy wrote:If you may never use it it's probably not worth your time to pursue it. The credit had a use by expiration date.
I didn't know about an expiration date. That said, you're right. Not something I need to worry about. Thanks for the quick reply, murphy! You're almost as fast as WayneDSR usually is. :cool:
Lifetime Premier Member

bw1

Re: Question Answered - Please ignore the post

Post by bw1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 am

I've read that the international calling credits given in these promotions have a 90 day expiration. Also, I remember that promotion expiring on January 31st, because I was looking into getting the Ooma back in February.

P.S. you should leave the post subject for others that may be looking for info.

southsound

Re: Question Answered - Please ignore the post

Post by southsound » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:19 am

bw1 wrote: P.S. you should leave the post subject for others that may be looking for info.
Done. Thanks bw1! :cool:
Lifetime Premier Member