Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14175 by Vtec525
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:38 pm
murphy wrote:I was paying Vonage $47 per month for two limited (500 minutes per month) phone lines. That's $564 per year.
Ooma cost me $240 + $100 for Premier which gives me two unlimited (3000 minutes per month) lines for $340 for the first year. I save $224 in the first year compared to Vonage's cost. Every year after that I save $464 compared to Vonage's cost.


Majority if people have 1 line. Majority of VOIP services are $24.99/mo and include everything.

I understand if you wait it out, you eventually make out. This thread talks about oomas hub life. What if you had to buy a new hub in the 3rd year for $240? How much do you save now?

All I am saying is i HOPE the hub can last at least 5yrs without croaking... most home routers, switches, hubs, pcs, can go on years without any issues, so maybe ooma hub will also.
#14176 by Vtec525
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:39 pm
niknak wrote:
...Ooma's firepower is the phrase FREE FOR LIFE, aka DISSAPPEARING PHONE BILL... with the premier, it does not dissappear!...


Dialtone is free for life, along with call waiting and voicemail.
Anything extra is not free, why should it be if it incurs costs?

Premier rates are quite reasonable compared to Telco rates, surcharges,and tariffs


Dialtone is free for LIFE OF THE HUB... the topic is about what really is the "life" of the hub? 1yrs, 2yrs, 4yrs? At what point do we grab another hub for $240?
#14177 by murphy
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:49 pm
Vtec525 wrote:I understand if you wait it out, you eventually make out. This thread talks about oomas hub life. What if you had to buy a new hub in the 3rd year for $240? How much do you save now?


If I had to buy a new hub every year it would still be $224 cheaper than Vonage.

Vonage advertises $24.99 per month but by the time all of the FCC and 911 fees get added it's more like $35 per month.
#14179 by Vtec525
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm
murphy wrote:
Vtec525 wrote:I understand if you wait it out, you eventually make out. This thread talks about oomas hub life. What if you had to buy a new hub in the 3rd year for $240? How much do you save now?


If I had to buy a new hub every year it would still be $224 cheaper than Vonage.

Vonage advertises $24.99 per month but by the time all of the FCC and 911 fees get added it's more like $35 per month.


That's not true. I had vonage before and total I paid was $28.. something.
#14186 by Luke
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm
If you have your Ooma Hub plug into a good UPS / Surge protector and well vented area. I think it should last for well over five years.
#14187 by murphy
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm
Vtec525 wrote:That's not true. I had vonage before and total I paid was $28.. something.


How long ago? Here is my last full month bill.

Description Amount
Residential Basic 500 Minutes Plan $17.99
Residential Basic 500 Plan - Additional Line $17.99
Regulatory Recovery Fee $1.98
Emergency 911 Cost Recovery $1.98
Federal Program Fee $2.60
Sales Tax $2.55
State E911 Fee $2.00
Total Amount $47.09

All of the regulatory agencies caught up with Vonage a year or so ago.
#14190 by Vtec525
Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm
murphy wrote:
Vtec525 wrote:That's not true. I had vonage before and total I paid was $28.. something.


How long ago? Here is my last full month bill.

Description Amount
Residential Basic 500 Minutes Plan $17.99
Residential Basic 500 Plan - Additional Line $17.99
Regulatory Recovery Fee $1.98
Emergency 911 Cost Recovery $1.98
Federal Program Fee $2.60
Sales Tax $2.55
State E911 Fee $2.00
Total Amount $47.09

All of the regulatory agencies caught up with Vonage a year or so ago.


You are getting ripped off..

My cousins past month bill for UNLIMITED PLAN:

Account Number: XXXXXXX252
Amount of Transaction: $28.40

Dear XXXX XXXX,

On 6/15/2009 we successfully processed the above monthly charge using the credit card on your Vonage account.

The FCC recently mandated that VoIP providers, including Vonage, are required to contribute to the Federal Universal Service Fund (USF). Vonage is committed to complying with this mandate from the FCC. Accordingly, a 5.31% Federal Universal Service Fee will be added to your bill. Vonage does not profit nor benefit in any way from this contribution to the USF. This charge is passed directly to the United States government.

The goals of Universal Service, as mandated by the 1996 Telecommunications Act, are to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable, and affordable rates; increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the Nation and advance the availability of such services to all consumers. For more information please visit http://www.fcc.gov.

If you would like to see your billing details, they are available in the Billing section of your Vonage web account at: https://secure.vonage.com/webaccount/. For a complete explanation on how to read your bill, please visit: http://www.vonage.com/help.php?article=545.

If you have any questions now or in the future Vonage Customer Care is eager to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please visit our help center at http://www.vonage.com/help.php or send us an email from our Contact Us page at http://www.vonage.com/help_contactUs.php. You can also call us Toll Free at: 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357).

We appreciate your business.


Sincerely,

Vonage Customer Care
#14202 by Vtec525
Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 am
Luke wrote:If you have your Ooma Hub plug into a good UPS / Surge protector and well vented area. I think it should last for well over five years.


Lets hope so... similar to a linksys router, or d-link switch or hub, the ooma hub is small and does not do much heavy stuff. So maybe it will work in 5yrs.

I just wish ooma had some hubs plugged in since their birth to see how long it lasts. It is made in china, and many products there are cheap quality.... while many outstanding. Which one is ooma?
#14212 by bw1
Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:24 am
Vtec525 wrote: It is made in china?


Yes, it says on the bottom.

My AT&T 5.8 GHz cordless phones were made in China and purchased on 3/10/2004, and have been in use the entire time - over 5 years.

I purchased 2 Netgear wireless routers in 2005 and one is still working. On the other, the wireless radio quit working last year, but the router still worked.
#14219 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 am
I have a Speedstream DSL modem that has been in constant use for 6 years and still pumpin'. (I had better knock on wood quickly).

Wayne

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests