Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14079 by scoutconnor
Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:35 am
Bobby B. or Dennis P.,
What is the proper way to write ooma? Is it:
ooma
OOMA
Ooma
OOma
etc.

I was just wondering what the official rule on capitalization was. thanks!
#14080 by Aveamantium
Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 am
I think ooma is correct since it is posted all over their website that way. However, it is difficult to not capitalize it since it is such a great product and isn't one of the rules to capitalize things that are "great" (e.g., Alexander the Great). :)
#14086 by Bobby B
Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:43 am
Haha, good question -- pretty much the company name has almost always been lowercase "ooma", but it'll soon be changing to be capitalized as "Ooma"

-Bobby
#14092 by scottlindner
Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:13 pm
Bobby B wrote:Haha, good question -- pretty much the company name has almost always been lowercase "ooma", but it'll soon be changing to be capitalized as "Ooma"

-Bobby

I'm going to be so confused when that happens. Will the new Ooma company be just as good as the old ooma company?
#14093 by WayneDsr
Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 pm
You bet, as you can see they have more "capital".

"bah dah boom"

Wayne
Last edited by WayneDsr on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#14097 by southsound
Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:35 pm
If you use caps for the first two letters:

OOma

and take a felt tip pen, you can make googely eyes out of the O's.

Might be a nice touch to highlight the Premier Google Voice Extensions.

(Hey, it's over 100 degrees here and my brain might be fried to come up with that) :cool:
#14133 by scoutconnor
Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:47 am
Bobby B wrote:Haha, good question -- pretty much the company name has almost always been lowercase "ooma", but it'll soon be changing to be capitalized as "Ooma"

-Bobby

Thanks for the update. What is the reason for the change?