Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13898 by unit321
Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:54 am
The way the blocked calls feature works now, if a message is left, the Voicemail light flashes on the hub to let you know there is a new message.

It would be nice to have an option to send those blocked calls to voicemail but instead of having them go into the regular In Box, have them go to a separate "Spam" folder that won't activate the Voicemail light on the hub.

That way the messages could be checked online through the Lounge if necessary, and you wouldn't waste time checking voicemails left by blocked callers on the hub.
#13905 by scottlindner
Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:25 am
unit321 wrote:Hmmm. My GV number is on the other side of the country, which might be an issue... I guess I'll have to wait and see exactly how ooma implements the GV extensions.

I'm just as curious how that will work. Maybe the extensions will work with Ooma numbers?

Scott
#13908 by southsound
Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:33 am
This teaser from the ooma blog:
ooma blog wrote:Now given that Google Voice already does so much, how does one make it better? For one, we make it a whole lot more convenient to use. With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you - pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice. Your friends and family will be none the wiser! You’ll still be able to answer calls at home thanks to the Instant Second Line.

I've highlighted the part that pertains to our numbers in red. Personally, I can't wait. I love ooma and I have been getting to know GV and all of its features. Together, WOW! :cool: