Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13649 by gnomexp
Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:05 am
Good afternoon, evening, morning, or day!

Given that you now bundle the Ooma Hub with the Scout unit, two-line dialing should be a default feature rather than be contingent on a Premier subscription. It doesn't make sense to sell a user two units for two phones with two very visible line buttons but have them "not work" after 60 days. I may not know the usage issues that may cause, but most users will only use it once in a while rather than constantly.

It's just nice to have when you need it.
#13652 by WayneDsr
Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:19 am
The revenue from the Premier Service helps keep ooma free for those who decide not to purchase. Your basic services are, Free Local calling, FREE long distance, Free caller ID, FREE basic voicemail and FREE call waiting. (after initial equipment purchase)

The 2 phone system is not only used for instant second line. It is also used for adding another phone and answering machine in other areas of the house.

And by the way, welcome to the ooma forums!

Wayne
#13684 by gnomexp
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 pm
WayneDsr wrote:The revenue from the Premier Service helps keep ooma free for those who decide not to purchase. Your basic services are, Free Local calling, FREE long distance, Free caller ID, FREE basic voicemail and FREE call waiting. (after initial equipment purchase)

The 2 phone system is not only used for instant second line. It is also used for adding another phone and answering machine in other areas of the house.

Wayne

Thanks for the civil response.

In my case, I more than understand that the Scout is intended for additional phones and voicemail use. What's troubling is that the two-line system isn't made clear to be "extra."

If you visit Amazon.com's Ooma Scout page, it details in length about how two-line calling works but not once do the words "Ooma Premier required for two-line calling" appear. In fact, the only time Ooma Premier is mentioned, the words "free second phone line" follow immediately, implying that it's included in the standard service (free, as in not 100 a year).

I can more than understand if conference calls were kept reserved for Premier service, but basic two-line calling and "hold" functionality to switch between two lines should be free (call waiting).

I'm still learning the tidbits about the service and most of the quirks are minor. This one is merely more irksome.

(On that note, if we were able to program speed-dial contacts in the Ooma Lounge to the numbers 1-9, and then simply dial 7 on the phone to reach that contact, that alone would be worth Premier service.)
#13689 by but2002
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 pm
gnomexp wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:The revenue from the Premier Service helps keep ooma free for those who decide not to purchase. Your basic services are, Free Local calling, FREE long distance, Free caller ID, FREE basic voicemail and FREE call waiting. (after initial equipment purchase)

Wayne

Thanks for the civil response.

In my case, I more than understand that the Scout is intended for additional phones and voicemail use. What's troubling is that the two-line system isn't made clear to be "extra."

If you visit Amazon.com's Ooma Scout page, it details in length about how two-line calling works but not once do the words "Ooma Premier required for two-line calling" appear. In fact, the only time Ooma Premier is mentioned, the words "free second phone line" follow immediately, implying that it's included in the standard service (free, as in not 100 a year).

I can more than understand if conference calls were kept reserved for Premier service, but basic two-line calling and "hold" functionality to switch between two lines should be free (call waiting).

I'm still learning the tidbits about the service and most of the quirks are minor. This one is merely more irksome.

(On that note, if we were able to program speed-dial contacts in the Ooma Lounge to the numbers 1-9, and then simply dial 7 on the phone to reach that contact, that alone would be worth Premier service.)

I think you mis-understand Call Waiting IS a part of the free package, it's holding two simultaneous calls, or three-way calling that is premier
#15099 by Aveamantium
Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:29 am
freedomcall wrote:When I purchased my OOMA thru Amazon back in April, it clearly mentions second line as a free service and it makes sense because it came with a ooma scout. Did anybody else complain about this?

This is what it (Amazon) says now... Did they change it?

Technical Details
Includes both an ooma Hub and an ooma Scout
Enjoy unlimited US calling, exceptional voice quality, and must-have features with no monthly fees or contracts
Receive caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail at no extra charge; Pay as you go for low-cost international calls
Hear voicemail and customize settings in the ooma Lounge
Try out ooma's enhanced calling features with a free trial of ooma Premier, which includes a free second phone line, real-time message screening, one-touch Do Not Disturb and Send to Voicemail, a second personal number with private voicemail, and more
#15103 by bw1
Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 am
When I was researching Ooma back in February, I don't remember seeing anything different in the description than what's on the Amazon site now. Also, the Ooma site clearly spelled out what was part of the basic features and what was extra that required the premier subscription.

Since I did a lot of digging and reading, there was info out there (and probably still is) about when the hub was $399 and included all the features. And the price was supposed to go up to $599. Here is info from Ooma's site: https://www.ooma.com/company/pressreleas ... =091907_01

As a matter of fact, those that purchased the hub for $399 are grandfathered in to a premier for life subscription. Of course when they upgrade to the Telo or the hub dies, they'll be back to having to pay for premier.
#15174 by gbcox
Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 pm
Charter customers are under the original service paradigm. If the equipment breaks after the warranty, you of course need to pay to replace, however a particular service plan is associated with your account, not the device.