Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13425 by just4fn
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 pm
Seems like more and more people are getting the invite. I got mine yesterday. I signed up and I am up and running. I can see how this would be good for a single person with several phones. If you have 2 or 3 people in the house hold it seems like it may not be for you. I could be very wrong because of newbie disease

I.E. when her cell phone rings also your house rings- if set up that way. etc.

how are you setting up you google voice? Have you found any new or cool ways that we newbies have not figure out yet? Does it work for you with more than one person in the house? Let us all know!

I wonder how ooma will integrate with google voice?
#13431 by koehn
Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:53 am
If you don't live alone, and want GV to ring your home phones, you should have it send your GV caller ID instead of the callers. There's an option for this in settings.

Then people at home know who the call is for, rather than who's calling.
#13432 by scottlindner
Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:18 am
just4fn wrote:Seems like more and more people are getting the invite. I got mine yesterday. I signed up and I am up and running. I can see how this would be good for a single person with several phones. If you have 2 or 3 people in the house hold it seems like it may not be for you. I could be very wrong because of newbie disease

I.E. when her cell phone rings also your house rings- if set up that way. etc.

how are you setting up you google voice? Have you found any new or cool ways that we newbies have not figure out yet? Does it work for you with more than one person in the house? Let us all know!

I wonder how ooma will integrate with google voice?

I have come to very similar conclusions. I have been using Grand Central since it first rolled out and the only thing I have found that I like using it for is to give my GV number to businesses that require a number, that do not really need your number for anything other than filling telemarketing databases. The pizza place... GV number. Political entities... GV number. Radio Shack... GV number. My friends and family.. my real number.

I also am wondering how the GV extensions for Ooma are going to work since I haven't found GV to be very useful.

Scott
#13435 by gregg098
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:16 am
I paid for a year of premier when I ported my number and don't really use the extra line. Instead, my wife uses GV for her work with calls forwarded to her office, cell, and the second line. The second line is set with a different ring so we know when a work call comes in.

I also have a GV number that I give out to work contacts. This way I can use just one cell phone and not have to worry about screening my calls when Im not working. Instead I just Do Not Disturb GV and all calls are family and friends.

I use GV in kind of different ways, but they work good for me.
#13436 by WayneDsr
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 am
My favorite is simple. Being suddenly unemployed, I've had to cut back on things. Having a simple cell phone with no voicemail is terrible.
GV gives my cheap cell phone awesome voicemail. Now I don't have to answer, just wait for the text translated voicemail to arrive in a text message.

Other than that, I'm waiting for ooma to give us the word.

Wayne
#13448 by southsound
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:24 pm
WayneDsr wrote: Being suddenly unemployed, I've had to cut back on things.
Wayne

I thought we had decided to give you a nickel every time you helped someone on this forum. By my calculation your net worth must be somewhere near Bill Gates by now.

Side note: If anyone knows of an opening for a super IT person who is also a really nice guy, pass it on to Wayne. I'd like to see someone from the forum help him as much as he's helped all of us.

<And no, Wayne didn't pay me to say that nice stuff. The resident raccoon always speaks the truth. :cool: >>
#13460 by scottlindner
Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 pm
southsound wrote:Side note: If anyone knows of an opening for a super IT person who is also a really nice guy, pass it on to Wayne. I'd like to see someone from the forum help him as much as he's helped all of us.

I work for an IT consulting company. Wayne, you know my email. Send me your resume and a brief description of what you're looking for and I'll pass it along to the right folks.

Scott
#13478 by southsound
Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:57 pm
scottlindner wrote:I work for an IT consulting company. Wayne, you know my email. Send me your resume and a brief description of what you're looking for and I'll pass it along to the right folks.

Scott

I LOVE this forum and its members. Good job Scott!
#13482 by niknak
Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:17 pm
I LOVE this forum and its members. Good job Scott!

I second that!