Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13366 by prmiller
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:11 pm
My phone seems to be stuck half-ported. It is a real problem, because After completion of porting today, we currently cannot receive any incoming calls.

My existing AT&T voice line is number A.

My temporary Ooma number prior to porting is number B.

If I call my home phone number (A) from an outside line, it now goes straight into Ooma voice mail, without ringing.

If I pick up a phone on my old voice line, I can still make an outgoing call and the caller ID still shows up as (A) on the receiving end.

If I make an outgoing call from the Ooma phone, the caller ID on the receiving phone still shows up as (B).

If I call the old Ooma number (B), it says the number is disconnected.

Any ideas? Anything I can do? I have emailed support and replied to the porting completion email, but it is Friday evening so I am not sure what kind of response I will get before Monday.
#13374 by prmiller
Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 pm
Nope, no lights on. The message light did light up since my initial post, but that was because someone called us and went straight to voice mail and left a message.
#13381 by prmiller
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:17 am
As of this morning, my old land line is dead (which is as I would expect). and the caller ID on the receiving phone when I call from the Ooma phone shows the correct number, so something has changed from last night.

Now the only symptom is that my phone goes straight to voice mail without ringing. Unfortunately, that is kind of important!

If a call gets to the Ooma hub, does that now mean the line is connected correctly and the problem is with the hub? I'm not clear at this point whether the answer message and the stored incoming messages are physically stored in the hub itself, or if they are stored at ooma. I am trying to figure out whether an incoming call is actually making it to my hub.
#13382 by WayneDsr
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:30 am
Just to make sure, move the dial on the right side of the hub and make sure your lights are at full. You should see the blue ooma light if they are.

I would then remove the power from the hub, wait a few minutes and power it back on.

Wayne
#13385 by prmiller
Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:24 am
WayneDsr wrote:Just to make sure, move the dial on the right side of the hub and make sure your lights are at full. You should see the blue ooma light if they are.

I would then remove the power from the hub, wait a few minutes and power it back on.

Wayne

Yes, the blue light is on. There are no other lights on.

I powered off and on last night, and again this morning. Each time it went through its boot cycle (various different lights), ended up with the blue tab glowing, and calls still go straight to voicemail without ringing.
#13386 by Aveamantium
Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Service should be open now... I'd give them a call to see if they can figure out why the phone isn't ringing and going straight to VM.

1-888-711-6662
#13393 by prmiller
Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:40 am
Aveamantium wrote:Service should be open now... I'd give them a call to see if they can figure out why the phone isn't ringing and going straight to VM.

1-888-711-6662

Thanks. I didn't know if they were available on Saturday, but I am glad to know they are.

I don't know exactly what was wrong, but they went over 4 or 5 iterations of testing with me and they got it fixed. It is working fine now.