Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13335 by jack_bauer
Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:13 pm
I've had my ooma hub for a while now and for some reason, right out of the blue, I start hearing an echo when I talk into the phone. I tried power cycling my ooma hub, but that didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any idea of how I can fix this?
#13338 by southsound
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:13 pm
The echo problem has one of several sources. If you are using cordless phones with a volume control, try lowering the volume. Sometimes with a strong signal a raised volume will give you an echo. If not that, it is probably a problem that ooma will have to take care of - but to help them do it quickly you need to do some research youself. Is the echo on all calls or just on some? Is it on incoming and outgoing or just one way? Does the person on the other end hear echo too or just on the ooma end? Do others in your household hear the echo too? (No, I'm not suggesting it is in your head but sometimes a person with a different vocal range will creat an echo when others don't.)

After you have some of the above sorted out, keep a log of times, numbers, and echo levels for a day or so. Then call ooma at 888 711-6662 and tell them what is going on. They will probably have to escalate to a higher level, but that's a good thing. ooma is very interested in making your experience a good one, so they will work with you until it is complete. Any doubts, search on my thread about looking for a nomal telephone experience. My echo problem started like yours - out of the blue. And ooma even went as far to set up a system in their lab with a number 1 off from mine. These folks are wonderful.
#13368 by jack_bauer
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:16 pm
Well it's been going on for more then a week now. It seems as though the only person that can hear the echo is me (and not the person on the other end), and it's been happening on every outgoing and incoming call. I did not want to have to call ooma cause they put you on hold for hours (as I learned from previous experiences). I guess I'll check all the stuff you mentioned once more, and if I can't fix it I guess I would have to call. Is there anything you had to do yourself to correct the issue?
#13369 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 pm
jack_bauer wrote: I did not want to have to call ooma cause they put you on hold for hours (as I learned from previous experiences).

When was the last time you called support?? I talked to them the other day and got through to them immediately.
#13372 by southsound
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:58 pm
jack_bauer wrote:Well it's been going on for more then a week now. It seems as though the only person that can hear the echo is me (and not the person on the other end), and it's been happening on every outgoing and incoming call. I did not want to have to call ooma cause they put you on hold for hours (as I learned from previous experiences). I guess I'll check all the stuff you mentioned once more, and if I can't fix it I guess I would have to call. Is there anything you had to do yourself to correct the issue?

Like Aveamantium said, support does not take hours anymore. In fact, I've had calls answered in less than a minute most times lately. As to your question about what I had to do - nothing except some testing and record keeping after I reported the problem to ooma. It turns out that the local partner they were using for connectivity had to tweak some settings and ooma did some routing changes. I think they will be your best resource. If you get a chance to check the thread I referenced (just the first few posts will get you the idea of what was going on) youj will see that ooma has been stellar in taking care of me. In the beginning hold times were quite long but they have really built up their support team, keeping a superior level of technicians who can be brought in when required.