Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14148 by whn
Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 pm
While everyone is saying how much they want to test the Telo

I will be the first one to be honest after 8 pages of reading all this


I want to test Telo so I don't have to pay for a Telo when it comes out.


There I said it. First honest answer.


Hope I get picked. I promise no longer to complain about OOMA voice breaking up if I get picked!
Last edited by whn on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#14152 by Aveamantium
Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:43 pm
I don't get paid to post on this forum, I do it because I enjoy doing so. Consequently, if I get the chance to test the Telo I'll do it because I enjoy techy stuff not because I'm getting something for free.

Please do not generalize as there are many here that help troubleshoot and test things and don't expect anything in return! Have a nice day!! :)
#14172 by niknak
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:04 pm
whn wrote:While everyone is saying how much they want to test the Telo

I will be the first one to be honest after 8 pages of reading all this


I want to test Telo so I don't have to pay for a Telo when it comes out.


There I said it. First honest answer.


Hope I get picked. I promise no longer to complain about OOMA voice breaking up if I get picked.


What makes you think the TELO will work any better than your current setup? If you can't get your VOIP/network optimized for the hub why would you want a TELO? Or do you just want something for nothing?
#14184 by whn
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 pm
niknak wrote:
whn wrote: Or do you just want something for nothing?



Pretty much.

But I use OOMA mainly for the blacklist feature, to me thats worth it.

Now if I can make calls that dont break up every so often, I would be golden, but right now my OOMA is just an answering machine really with blacklist feature.

I call people back on my cell phone that I had to subscribe to because I couldn't make important calls with OOMA because people always told me they can't hear me because my voice will break up during a conversation.

Perhaps I have a bad Hub? THat's why I want the Telo.
#14217 by RedStripe
Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:59 am
Looking forward to the Telo. I've bought two Ooma systems, one for my small business and one for home (two separate locations). One I setup between the modem and router, one I setup after the router. On the one for my small business, I use it to fax all the time. So if you need a heavy fax user to test, let me know. Thanks!
#14220 by oomg
Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 am
RedStripe wrote:Looking forward to the Telo. I've bought two Ooma systems, one for my small business and one for home (two separate locations).


Sounds like me... two separate systems at two separate locations. The ooma hub/scout system has substantially exceeded my expectations. And, while I wouldn't mind being included as a beta tester, I did mention to Bobby B. that I am so blasted happy with my existing systems that I really would not want to swap it out, and thus, would have to run it as a supplement to my existing system.
#14222 by Aveamantium
Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 am
oomg wrote:
RedStripe wrote:Looking forward to the Telo. I've bought two Ooma systems, one for my small business and one for home (two separate locations).


Sounds like me... two separate systems at two separate locations. The ooma hub/scout system has substantially exceeded my expectations. And, while I wouldn't mind being included as a beta tester, I did mention to Bobby B. that I am so blasted happy with my existing systems that I really would not want to swap it out, and thus, would have to run it as a supplement to my existing system.

Funny that you say that... I was also trying to figure out how I can incorporate the two systems together in my house (if I were to get selected...). I would like to replace the scout for the purpose of making calls as I have had some voice quality issues with that, but I know the wife will miss the big flashing red button indicating that we have voicemail (it is also very simple for the kids to operate).

I would probably set it up such that the TELO drove my main phone line (Line 1) and potentially put the ooma Hub on the Line 2 house wiring. The only problem with this is having both lines ring on incoming calls. I guess you could do the multiring option... Decisions, decisions... Just hoping I get to make these decisions! :)
#14334 by scoutconnor
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 am
Aveamantium wrote:I don't get paid to post on this forum, I do it because I enjoy doing so. Consequently, if I get the chance to test the Telo I'll do it because I enjoy techy stuff not because I'm getting something for free.

Please do not generalize as there are many here that help troubleshoot and test things and don't expect anything in return! Have a nice day!! :)

I agree, techie stuff Is fun and helping others is also fun. Put them together and it makes posting here worthwile!
#14335 by JadeKyle
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:50 am
Bobby...any chance for a 1 day late submission? I don't get in here often to read the forums, but am an early adopter that has had Ooma installed since the days of the one-time lifetime fee. I have premier for life and use many of the features. I would kill to test any new products for you and came in here one day past the deadline to survey. Any chance of forgiveness?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests