Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Locked
whn
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by whn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 pm

While everyone is saying how much they want to test the Telo

I will be the first one to be honest after 8 pages of reading all this


I want to test Telo so I don't have to pay for a Telo when it comes out.


There I said it. First honest answer.


Hope I get picked. I promise no longer to complain about OOMA voice breaking up if I get picked!
Last edited by whn on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Aveamantium
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Loveland, Colorado

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by Aveamantium » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:43 pm

I don't get paid to post on this forum, I do it because I enjoy doing so. Consequently, if I get the chance to test the Telo I'll do it because I enjoy techy stuff not because I'm getting something for free.

Please do not generalize as there are many here that help troubleshoot and test things and don't expect anything in return! Have a nice day!! :)
Go AVS!

niknak
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Staten Island, NY

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by niknak » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:04 pm

whn wrote:While everyone is saying how much they want to test the Telo

I will be the first one to be honest after 8 pages of reading all this


I want to test Telo so I don't have to pay for a Telo when it comes out.


There I said it. First honest answer.


Hope I get picked. I promise no longer to complain about OOMA voice breaking up if I get picked.
What makes you think the TELO will work any better than your current setup? If you can't get your VOIP/network optimized for the hub why would you want a TELO? Or do you just want something for nothing?

whn
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by whn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 pm

niknak wrote:
whn wrote: Or do you just want something for nothing?

Pretty much.

But I use OOMA mainly for the blacklist feature, to me thats worth it.

Now if I can make calls that dont break up every so often, I would be golden, but right now my OOMA is just an answering machine really with blacklist feature.

I call people back on my cell phone that I had to subscribe to because I couldn't make important calls with OOMA because people always told me they can't hear me because my voice will break up during a conversation.

Perhaps I have a bad Hub? THat's why I want the Telo.

hawkeyenfo
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by hawkeyenfo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:02 pm

OOMA ROCKS! Hopefully the Beta works well and is a money maker for the company. I hope Ooma is around for a LOOOONG time.

RedStripe
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 am

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by RedStripe » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:59 am

Looking forward to the Telo. I've bought two Ooma systems, one for my small business and one for home (two separate locations). One I setup between the modem and router, one I setup after the router. On the one for my small business, I use it to fax all the time. So if you need a heavy fax user to test, let me know. Thanks!

oomg
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 am
Location: SoCal -- L.A.

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by oomg » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 am

RedStripe wrote:Looking forward to the Telo. I've bought two Ooma systems, one for my small business and one for home (two separate locations).
Sounds like me... two separate systems at two separate locations. The ooma hub/scout system has substantially exceeded my expectations. And, while I wouldn't mind being included as a beta tester, I did mention to Bobby B. that I am so blasted happy with my existing systems that I really would not want to swap it out, and thus, would have to run it as a supplement to my existing system.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

User avatar
Aveamantium
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Loveland, Colorado

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by Aveamantium » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 am

oomg wrote:
RedStripe wrote:Looking forward to the Telo. I've bought two Ooma systems, one for my small business and one for home (two separate locations).
Sounds like me... two separate systems at two separate locations. The ooma hub/scout system has substantially exceeded my expectations. And, while I wouldn't mind being included as a beta tester, I did mention to Bobby B. that I am so blasted happy with my existing systems that I really would not want to swap it out, and thus, would have to run it as a supplement to my existing system.
Funny that you say that... I was also trying to figure out how I can incorporate the two systems together in my house (if I were to get selected...). I would like to replace the scout for the purpose of making calls as I have had some voice quality issues with that, but I know the wife will miss the big flashing red button indicating that we have voicemail (it is also very simple for the kids to operate).

I would probably set it up such that the TELO drove my main phone line (Line 1) and potentially put the ooma Hub on the Line 2 house wiring. The only problem with this is having both lines ring on incoming calls. I guess you could do the multiring option... Decisions, decisions... Just hoping I get to make these decisions! :)
Go AVS!

scoutconnor
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by scoutconnor » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 am

Aveamantium wrote:I don't get paid to post on this forum, I do it because I enjoy doing so. Consequently, if I get the chance to test the Telo I'll do it because I enjoy techy stuff not because I'm getting something for free.

Please do not generalize as there are many here that help troubleshoot and test things and don't expect anything in return! Have a nice day!! :)
I agree, techie stuff Is fun and helping others is also fun. Put them together and it makes posting here worthwile!

JadeKyle
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Alton, NH

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Post by JadeKyle » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:50 am

Bobby...any chance for a 1 day late submission? I don't get in here often to read the forums, but am an early adopter that has had Ooma installed since the days of the one-time lifetime fee. I have premier for life and use many of the features. I would kill to test any new products for you and came in here one day past the deadline to survey. Any chance of forgiveness?
Ooma Service:
Lifetime Premiere account
Ooma Equipment:
Ooma original Hub and Scout
Ooma Telo
2-HD2 handsets
Ooma Customer Since: April 2008

Locked