Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13311 by WayneDsr
Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:43 am
According to what I've read the Telo is not compatible with the old scouts. The new system works on wireless dect 6. The phone is actually the "scout".

The wall port would be for landline integraton, as you said.

Wayne
#13314 by scoutconnor
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am
WayneDsr wrote:According to what I've read the Telo is not compatible with the old scouts. The new system works on wireless dect 6. The phone is actually the "scout".

Wayne

Yes, I have read the same things in various press releases. The telo is an integrated unit, both the device (hub equivalent) and the phones (DECT 6.0, replaces scouts)
#13319 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:23 am
scoutconnor wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:According to what I've read the Telo is not compatible with the old scouts. The new system works on wireless dect 6. The phone is actually the "scout".

Wayne

Yes, I have read the same things in various press releases. The telo is an integrated unit, both the device (hub equivalent) and the phones (DECT 6.0, replaces scouts)

Yeah, I knew that the new wireless ooma phones will replace the scout... I was just thinking that if the scout was still able to connect to the Telo then people that already have the ooma Core system could upgrade to the Telo and still use their scouts to get the instant second line (and other features) on other phones besides the ooma phone. May make upgrading to the Telo a little more palatable for those that have already invested in the existing system.
#13323 by djeror
Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 pm
Does anyone know if the Ooma Telo system will still let you set your system up so that one phone number rings into your office while another phone number rings into the rest of your home? I love my scout because of this feature, but if the wireless DECT6.0 can do the same thing that would be even better!

This Beta should be a win win. Ooma gives us beta testers free hubs and 1 or 2 handsets and knows that most of us are going to buy at least 2 or 3 more handsets. Hopefully they can pull off this beta without it costing them too much money.

Man, you know you really like a company when you sincerely hope they can make a crap-load of money.
#13326 by dlong
Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:00 pm
bw1 wrote:But I thought it was so easy a caveman can do it. ;)

I would assume that about 1000 hours per month of call "mileage" would be appropiate for a proper beta test. Ooma is running a beta test here, and not a free phone giveaway. A proper beta test would entail much more than submitting a bug report.
#13329 by bw1
Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:15 pm
Aveamantium wrote:I was looking at some pictures of the new Telo and noticed that it still has both Phone and Wall jacks. Just wondering if the new Telo will still be compatible with the Scouts (similar to how the hub works) or if the wall jack is only for the land line integration?

Also curious to what ooma's engineers have been cooking up for the USB port on the Telo and the mini-USB port on the handset? ;)

No, the current scout is not compatible with the Telo: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=832&p=3845&hilit=telo#p3845
#13340 by Magus
Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:07 pm
Bobby,

Congratulations to you and all at Ooma for getting the Telo out on schedule. I for one, and evidently many others on this forum, are collectively looking forward to being part of the beta program. Although I only have two Scouts, I use my current Ooma in 5 rooms using a wireless DECT 6, which connects to only one line in some rooms. It would be so cool to integrate all of this. I am also wondering if Ooma Telo might later have an add on box that you can take with you anywhere, or else, a way to connect your PC while on business, using your own number. Call it a "slingbox" for Ooma!

All the best,

Magus