Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13223 by scoutconnor
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 am
I agree, the ooma Telo has received nothing but good PR and it has a lot of people very excited about it's launch later this year. This is a reattach chance for the beta testers to add their reviews to the already extensive collage of PR that is ot in the wild already.
#13228 by amoo
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:40 am
Bobby B wrote:Here's a blurb from the Telo beta forum:

Account Questions

I wanted to use my existing account and number with my Telo unit - is that possible?

At the start of the beta, you'll activate your Telo system with a new account and a new number in any service area. If you select to do so, you can swap devices between your old account and your beta account so that you can receive calls on your old number with your Telo system. In this case, your ooma Hub would continue to function with your new account and new number.

It looks like that even though you can switch the Telo with the old Hub/Scout, each will still be required to be on its own number/account ... is that right?
#13229 by Bobby B
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 am
I'm guessing it'll be in 1-2 weeks before we send out formal beta invitations to a select group of folks that filled out the survey.

We may send the survey link out to the general ooma customer newsletter list as well (depending on the number of survey responses we get).

Aveamantium wrote:So Bobby B, when are you planning on letting people know if they were selected? Just curious, so I don't sit here and just watch my email all day! :)
#13230 by Bobby B
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 am
Yes, that's correct, each device (Hub or Telo) requires their own account and number.

amoo wrote:It looks like that even though you can switch the Telo with the old Hub/Scout, each will still be required to be on its own number/account ... is that right?
#13231 by Aveamantium
Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:04 am
Bobby B wrote:I'm guessing it'll be in 1-2 weeks before we send out formal beta invitations to a select group of folks that filled out the survey.

We may send the survey link out to the general ooma customer newsletter list as well (depending on the number of survey responses we get).

Aveamantium wrote:So Bobby B, when are you planning on letting people know if they were selected? Just curious, so I don't sit here and just watch my email all day! :)

Thanks Bobby!
#13235 by scottlindner
Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:22 am
bw1 wrote:
scottlindner wrote:If we have already been contacted by Ooma and submitted our signed NDA, do we need to fill out the survey?

Scott

From the first post:

Note: If you've already received an invite for the Ooma Telo beta, you can ignore these instructions - you're already in!

Doh. I have been working insane hours and didn't have much time to read. Thanks for that.

Scott
#13239 by scoutconnor
Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 am
Note: If you've already received an invite for the Ooma Telo beta, you can ignore these instructions - you're already in!

How would we have been contacted in regards to getting selected already?
#13247 by niknak
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:05 pm
How would we have been contacted in regards to getting selected already?

Through the email account you set up for this forum