Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13190 by Bobby B
Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:07 pm
just4fn wrote:If you are selected as a beta tester will your ported ooma number follow the Telo system?

Here's a blurb from the Telo beta forum:

Account Questions

I wanted to use my existing account and number with my Telo unit - is that possible?

At the start of the beta, you'll activate your Telo system with a new account and a new number in any service area. If you select to do so, you can swap devices between your old account and your beta account so that you can receive calls on your old number with your Telo system. In this case, your ooma Hub would continue to function with your new account and new number.
#13197 by tobyfoote
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 pm
Just bought my ooma Hub/Scout at Best Buy yesterday. Saw ooma at CES this year (2009) and was impressed. So far, the call quality is better than Vonage. I love the idea of dropping my $40/mo home phone bill. My existing wireless Panasonic phones are dying slowly, and Telo is nicely integrated. I SO hope I get selected to beta test the Telo. Hoping Google Voice is integrated into the handset too, but we'll see. I heard something about cell phone integration too? Can't wait.
#13201 by quebert
Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:29 pm
This sounds AWESOME! I so wanted the Telo but I just couldn't wait for it to be released so I bought the Hub last month. Question, I know the Telo comes with a handset, but is it expandable with other handsets? If by some killer chance I get selected for beta testing this, I just bought a pretty nice Verizon DECT phone system. Would be a shame for it to go to waste.
#13206 by pknoble
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:59 am
i would love to be in the beta i didnt need the scout but i paid for premium any way just to try it now i cant see why any one would use any thing other than ooma
#13210 by bw1
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 am
scottlindner wrote:If we have already been contacted by Ooma and submitted our signed NDA, do we need to fill out the survey?

Scott

From the first post:

Note: If you've already received an invite for the Ooma Telo beta, you can ignore these instructions - you're already in!
#13211 by Aveamantium
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:49 am
So Bobby B, when are you planning on letting people know if they were selected? Just curious, so I don't sit here and just watch my email all day! :)

As much as I like the existing system, I would love to be able to use the instant second line without that little bit of static that I seem to get on the "scout phone".