Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13095 by quebert
Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:56 pm
I wrote a small review after my first day with Ooma, now I've had a few solid weeks using it here's my follow up.

call quality has been excellent, I've had 3 dropped calls but one was probably my internet cutting out for a moment. And the other 2 could have been my friends cell phone losing signal. At first I noticed it sounded a tab bit more staticy than my Charter digital phone. But I honestly don't notice anything now. I think it just sounded "different" and it took me a few days to get use to it. Calls are very clear.

I had to call tech support with 1 issue, it took them a few days to fix it, but I called on a Saturday afternoon and they had it working again by Tuesday.

I paid to have my Caller ID name changed to my business name, $12 bucks was worth it. Guy on the phone said it could take up to 14 days, it took much less. Maybe 5 or so days. I know technically Ooma isn't supposed to be used for businesses. But it's a small home business with very light phone usage so I don't think I'm breaking any TOS :) When I call a client and my company name comes up instead of my name it's anice touch. T-Mobile seemed unwilling to do this for me so Kudos to Ooma!

Premiere is nice, I will be adding it on once the trial is up. the Do Not Disturb is cool, just added my first number to my blacklist 267-298-2959. If anyone gets calls from it, I googled it, and they're a mortgage company that seems to refuses to add people to their do not call list according to some. NICE feature to be able to block numbers. Call forwarding to my cell is also great, was painless to set up and just works.

Everything is simple, I like not having to have my PC on to have Ooma work, I like how I have a lot of features but they're easy. getting my voice mails emailed to me as MP3's is awesome. This has been my best investment in a long time. Anyone reading this who is on the fence about getting Ooma, there's no reason not to jump. unless you want to wait for the DECT version that's coming out sometime this year. It blows Charter Digital phone service out of the water in every category.