Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13152 by scottlindner
Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Wayne. It took me a long time to figure it out, but there is definitely an adversarial theme on this forum when unpopular facts are discussed. No matter how polite and straight forward, the adversaries are there. Let's talk privately by email so you can understand what I am saying.

Scott
#13248 by scoutconnor
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 pm
quebert wrote:
scottlindner wrote:This has come up a couple of times before. I think where people feel irked is that if you are a traditional phone user, you own your own answering machine and are willing to continue using it. Since you cannot turn off the Ooma Voice Mail feature (and setting it to 59 seconds will cause you to miss messages) you have no choice but to use Ooma's VM system. So you feel a bit taken by the situation. On the other side of the argument is that all VOIP providers do it this way, so it isn't like Ooma is doing anything out of the ordinary.

I was upset about it too when I thought I was destined for Basic service.

Scott

I'm slightly confused here, if you can set when the Ooma VM picks up, why couldn't you set it higher than your phones and boom your phones answering machine picks up? My phone I can set the machine to pick up from 3-7 rings I believe. So if I wanted Ooma to not pick up I'd set it for 1 ring higher than my phone, and problem solved.

This is what a lot of people do but it still does not fix issues with call waiting.