Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#12784 by mmcbride
Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:52 pm
It would be nice from the road to change (turn on and off) call forwarding/multi-ring, and perhaps selected other features, from within a Blackberry or other smartphone web browser. It doesn't need to be a fully functional Lounge, just a few things. I've found the need to do this twice in the last week when my spouse went out of the house, however I failed to turn multi-ring on before I left.

M.
#16598 by jm9496
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 am
I agree, however I'd like to change the request to this:

A no java-script, no image, single column layout lounge page specifically for mobile browses. For example, compare the Google voice mobile page to the real Google voice page.
#18623 by CDR
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:04 pm
I agree. It would be great to be able log in to make changes to my ooma setting from my Blackberry, and to check phone logs or listen to VM without having everything constantly forwarded to my phone.
#18664 by ggilman
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
There's a major web site upgrade due out at the end of this month. I don't have any inside details at all, but with all the requests for iPhone, Blackberry, and other smart phone apps/device access, I wouldn't be surprised if the site isn't much friendlier for these devices.
#21866 by ggilman
Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:58 pm
terrio00 wrote:I'd love an iphone app for voicemail retrieval but I don't see it happening. This would basically cut in to ooma's own premier feature of mp3 voicemail forwarding.

I started on an app to do this already but after announcement of a "Late September" web site re-do, I stopped. I just think there's a good chance that they will be adding in better mobile device support. If they don't though, I'll likely pick the project back up.
#22810 by dknyinva
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 am
I just checked using my iPhone to logon to the new my ooma site and was able to logon, but can't listen to voicemail. It requires flash.... :x

You might want to rethink about restarting the project.... :P
#23000 by ggilman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am
Re-reading their blog, they state "iPhone and BlackBerry Clients – Offload your cell phone minutes and enjoy Ooma’s low international rates when calling from a WiFi connected smart phone." So, they definetly have plans on releasing native apps at some point.