Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#12362 by wmgmick
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:01 am
Can the Ooma hub and/or Scout be configured for an audible alert when there’s a new message in the voicemail box? If not, can this be considered for a future enhancement?
#16649 by wjcarpenter
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Seconded! We had this on an answering machine a few generations back, but it's been hard to find lately. It would be quite handy to have on ooma.
#16660 by hogdoc
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm
Panasonic phones systems (aka KX-TA 824) provide a flashing light to all phones on each line that has voice mail when a voicemail is left. This is a PBX system but I have read about other people using a panasonic cordelsss that provides the same feature of VM notification.
#16661 by southsound
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:21 pm
My Uniden DECT 6.0 series 1580 phones do that as well. Message left, phones have a little light that flashes. I retrieve the message, the lights go out.
#16668 by wjcarpenter
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm
southsound wrote:My Uniden DECT 6.0 series 1580 phones do that as well. Message left, phones have a little light that flashes. I retrieve the message, the lights go out.

Yeah, but... A flashing light (which ooma has, of course) is not the same thing as an audible alert. My Panaonic multi-handset system has the blinky light thing. I don't make that many phone calls, so you might be surprised at how often I go for hours without noticing the blinky light.
#17431 by bc3tech
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:55 am
i haven't noticed, does ooma give you a different dial tone w/ a msg? that's what many voicemail-providing landline providers do. that could be an easy(ier) alternative for them.
#17440 by wjcarpenter
Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 am
bc3tech wrote:does ooma give you a different dial tone w/ a msg? that could be an easy(ier) alternative for them.

That might be easier for ooma to do (seems doubtful), but it would not be interesting to me. A stutter tone will not rouse me out of my stupor of watching TV like an audible alert would do.
#17443 by bc3tech
Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 am
wjcarpenter wrote:
bc3tech wrote:does ooma give you a different dial tone w/ a msg? that could be an easy(ier) alternative for them.

That might be easier for ooma to do (seems doubtful), but it would not be interesting to me. A stutter tone will not rouse me out of my stupor of watching TV like an audible alert would do.

true. i'd also prefer an audible alert, could even be configurable via the lounge as many other things are. was just wondering if ooma currently did the "stutter tone" (good description, btw)