Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#12594 by southsound
Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:41 pm
Well said, Pandora. I love the ooma model, the great support team, the innovation just on the horizon, and (most) of the ooma community. I also have a MJ - it sits in a special spot on an unused shelf in my office. I offer it to others who might want to try a "$1.70 per month) option before buying it. Not one person who has used it has made the purchase. But on the other hand, my ooma is a constant hit.

Please, please, please - if anyone is tempted to reverse engineer and rip the credentials from their ooma box, consider the consequences to all of the other users who use it correctly. The TOS are threre to protect valuable intelectual property and maintain the value of the product.
#12620 by bw1
Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:05 pm
scottlindner wrote:
Boondocs wrote:yea I read that but you still need to have your pc running for the service/exe to forward the proxy. For me ooma is the way to go!!!

That's why parents got Magic Jack, installed it, tried it, unplugged it, and it is still sitting on their desk today.

Scott

I would bet that's how they make most of their money. It's an impulse buy that then never or rarely gets used. At least in some (many? most?) cases.

At least for me, ooma is a viable replacement for traditional phone service.
#12626 by scottlindner
Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
bw1 wrote:
scottlindner wrote:
Boondocs wrote:yea I read that but you still need to have your pc running for the service/exe to forward the proxy. For me ooma is the way to go!!!

That's why parents got Magic Jack, installed it, tried it, unplugged it, and it is still sitting on their desk today.

Scott

I would bet that's how they make most of their money. It's an impulse buy that then never or rarely gets used. At least in some (many? most?) cases.

At least for me, ooma is a viable replacement for traditional phone service.

Yah, my parents really didn't get it, and now because of that they have no interest in Ooma when I tell them about it. They think it's too complicated and stupid to involve a computer with a traditional telephone. I'm still working on them.

Scott
#12653 by niknak
Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:08 am
...I'm still working on them...

Maybe you can explain to them that once the phone signal hits their local office, it's going computerized the rest of the way. By using OOMA they are just starting the call out over computers sooner!