Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11995 by mohammedkaium
Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:18 pm
Hi, I am a very satisfied OOMA customer. I was wondering if you have any future plan to reduce your international rate(For Bangladesh). MetroPCS have a plan of 5 dollar per month for unlimited worldwide. I know you have low rates for Americas and Europe. Not for Asia though. If you can offer something , let say 15 dollars per months . i will be the first one to sign up for the deal. Let me give you my personal experience. I was a vonage customer for 2 years. I sign up for vonage because they had a deal that if i pay 10 dollars more , i will get unlimited asia. The only reason vonage got a lot of customers in New York is they offered flat rate internation call. Since , i have used ooma and Vonage , i can say that ooma service is much better then vonage. Ooma is much clearer, Customer tech suport is awesome. Only thing you guys are lacking is TV Advertisement and in my personal opinion you have very good potential of being top voip provider in NY.

I hope you consider my request and we can have low international rates in future.

Mohammed kaium
#12005 by tommies
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:10 pm
I'm second this too. However, from business point of view, ooma need to reach a critical mass of customer before the price could come down.

For example with my need, I occasionally call to Vietnam, of which ooma rate is about 22cents/min, four times higher than the dial around plan that I use. I just don't see it happen anytime soon at least for me, and I have no clue of how many ooma users have the same need as mine.

This explains that the rate to Canada, Australia, western Europe, etc. is so cheap, not just with ooma, but also with other calling services that I have used.

My gripe with ooma is that they block the dial around plan that I use. I just don't know if this is a technical problem or a business decision?

If ooma can lower the rate to below 10cent/min, I would definitely use it.
#12030 by scottlindner
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:17 am
tommies wrote:My gripe with ooma is that they block the dial around plan that I use. I just don't know if this is a technical problem or a business decision?

Have you contacted them about it? It could be a technical oversight.

Scott
#13773 by eYeks
Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:47 pm
Ooma International Rates are not competitive. I currently get 5.9c/min flat, but Ooma rates vary from 8.5c to 17.5c/min depending on called number. I have $50 in the plan that is only worth $17 to me!

Bummed. Looks like I'll have to stay with my plan with RelianceIndiaCall.
FYI Bangladesh is 7.9c/min; Philippines is 14.9/16.9c/min...

\eYeks
#13789 by scottlindner
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:05 am
tommies wrote:I'm second this too. However, from business point of view, ooma need to reach a critical mass of customer before the price could come down.

This is the key point right here. Plus, look at it from a holistic perspective. Even if you pay more per minute for Bandledesh, are you paying less for your entire telephony needs overall with Ooma? If so, just wait until Ooma is big enough to offer you even deeper cost savings.