Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11921 by Aveamantium
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:44 am
I'm not sure if this has been requested or not (I did a search but didn't immediately run across this), but having a network down forward would be very handy. My old provider basically had a spot that you could enter an alternate number such as a cell phone. Then if the ATA or in this case the ooma hub isn't registered with the network then all calls would be forwarded to the alternate number. Basically, with VoIP we are at the mercy of our ISP so if this fails we could still get our calls.

Thanks for the consideration!
#11922 by bw1
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:46 am
This has been requested numerous times and is something they're working on.

Actually, I think it was mentioned that this is their number one requested feature.
#11927 by bw1
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:05 am
Nah, it's easy to miss a lot here. I suggest you do a search for posts by Bobby B, Dennis P or Mojo and you'll see a lot of info about what's being worked on.
#11929 by Aveamantium
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 am
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed by this board... I usually hang out on the DSLReports board but the ooma forum there is completely inactive. This one seems very active and informative! Also nice that people here are trying to help whereas the threads over there seem to have become trolling parties.