Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13131 by JCtheWizard
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 am
Just to add my 2 cents - pressing 1 on my BlackBerry Storm is NOT easy. I also agree that a simple choice in the admin area to either use #1, auto answer, or #3 to go to voice mail.
#13853 by zumanov
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:18 am
I recently signed up for Google Voice. Their multi-ring functionality does not have this issue. As soon as they support number portability I'll switch my cell number over to them, use them as my first layer (including multi-ring), and then continue to use ooma for my house (for multiple phone line support).

Seems like google should buy ooma- the one thing they are missing is the box at home. Other than that, it seems like their cloud software is a bit better than ooma's.
#13863 by southsound
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:53 am
zumanov wrote:Seems like google should buy ooma- the one thing they are missing is the box at home. Other than that, it seems like their cloud software is a bit better than ooma's.

Even better is later this year when ooma offers Google Voice Extensions for Premier. ooma does a great job of offering a superior VOIP product at little or no cost (Previer vs core). Google Voice offers a superior phone number management product. the GV Extensions will "marry" the two of them without the need for one buying the other - and will keep innovation going in the right direction. :cool:
#14101 by Lampson
Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 pm
The google voice extension (as described in the press release) should be tremendous- especially to those of us with smart phones that have the google voice app installed. The multi-ring capability should be addressed with the GV extensions, but what I like most about the integration is the ability to present one # from either my cell or my home phones. That was the shortcoming of using just using google voice by itself, the placement of a call that would present your GV # to the recipient from your home phone involved 20 keys- and even putting it on speed dial was a hassle. And trying to train others to call the GV # without it appearing on their caller ID was next to impossible.

Am very anxious to see what we have here to work with.
#14129 by lutefisk
Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:41 am
zumanov wrote:Any ooma moderators out there who might know 1) if this will be addressed and 2) if so, when?

I recently signed up for Google Voice. I don't have an account yet, but I'm hoping their multi-ring functionality doesn't have this issue. If it doesn't, I will use that number as my primary number, and use it only for the multi-ring functionality.

Google Voice allows you to either use the "press 1" or not. I have been using it without the "press 1" for many of the reasons previously posted, but it does cause some problems with voicemail. 90% of the time the voicemail goes to google voice (which I want) but occasionally the voicemail ends up in whichever random line picks up first. Not a big deal, but is sometimes annoying to be chasing voice mails around.
#19028 by focuspuller
Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm
PLEASE MAKE THE "PRESS ONE" an option!!!!

Car hands free does not have away to press anything!!!!

I do not need OOMA VM since all calls multi ring (If IT WORKED) to my cell and I use it's VM.

I just registered my OOMA and MULTI RING IS NOT WORKING!!!!!

Using my Vonage as multi ring till number ports....Then I hope it will be fixed at OOMA CONTROL
#19129 by 4153867111
Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:36 pm
I second your request that Ooma make "Press 1" an option!

I just bought an Apple iPhone and use a Bluetooth ear piece. When I receive a multiple ring call while I'm driving I need to quickly get to my iPhone to access the number keys. To press the 1 key in a timely manner on an iphone (grab the phone, bring up the interface, click on the phone icon, click on the number pad) takes a great deal dexterity even if I wasn't behind the wheel of a fast moving car.

Ooma needs to provide a solution because Bluetooth ear pieces are often used by drivers so that drivers have hands free operation.

This is a safety issue!!!

If anyone out there agrees with me, please let me hear from you. Thanks!
#19131 by southsound
Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 pm
4153867111 wrote:I second your request that Ooma make "Press 1" an option!

If anyone out there agrees with me, please let me hear from you. Thanks!

A lot of people agree with you. In fact, it is one of the most talked about problems on the forum. Not sure what good it will do to have comments from 439 other users who say the same thing, but have at it. ooma is aware of the need and I believe that they will deal with it in time.
#19139 by scottlindner
Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:01 am
southsound wrote:A lot of people agree with you. In fact, it is one of the most talked about problems on the forum. Not sure what good it will do to have comments from 439 other users who say the same thing, but have at it. ooma is aware of the need and I believe that they will deal with it in time.

I believe it is very important for the Complaint-Meter to read accurately. How else would Ooma know what is really important for its customers unless it set up polls for all known issues and requests?

Scott