Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11749 by mrbig
Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 pm
Is there a way to disable that annoying ooma marketing message that you hear after someone leaves a message? It says, "Thank you for using the ooma broadband answering machine."
#11752 by WayneDsr
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 pm
There has been mention of this before in the forums and I believe the answer is no, nothing we can do. I have noticed though, that rarely anyone hears it, normally they hang right up after leaving a voicemail.

Wayne
#11756 by mrbig
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:55 pm
WayneDsr wrote:I have noticed though, that rarely anyone hears it, normally they hang right up after leaving a voicemail.
Wayne


Thanks for the answer Wayne. It's actually something that's annoying for ME to have to listen to every time a message is left (generally from a telemarketer).
#11757 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:04 pm
I have never heard this message. I'm not sure I understand how you even go about hearing it. I have left many messages for my wife, and we have both listened to many messages.

Is this like the movies that put outtakes after the credits?

Scott
#11758 by mrbig
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:36 pm
scottlindner wrote:I have never heard this message. I'm not sure I understand how you even go about hearing it. I have left many messages for my wife, and we have both listened to many messages.

Is this like the movies that put outtakes after the credits?

Scott


It only happens if you have 'Message Screening' as an option to your account. You hear it after the person has left a message in screening mode, not during playback.
#11760 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:46 pm
mrbig wrote:
scottlindner wrote:I have never heard this message. I'm not sure I understand how you even go about hearing it. I have left many messages for my wife, and we have both listened to many messages.

Is this like the movies that put outtakes after the credits?

Scott


It only happens if you have 'Message Screening' as an option to your account. You hear it after the person has left a message in screening mode, not during playback.


We do have message screening enabled, we don't hear it. Maybe we're really good at ignoring it?

Scott
#11761 by WayneDsr
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:01 pm
It only comes on if the caller leaves a message and then hits # (I think) to end. Not many... well, actually no one here ever hits # to end, they just hang up after leaving the message. ooma girl never gets a chance to speak.

Wayne
#11762 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:02 pm
WayneDsr wrote:It only comes on if the caller leaves a message and then hits # (I think) to end. Not many... well, actually no one here ever hits # to end, they just hang up after leaving the message. ooma girl never gets a chance to speak.

Wayne


I understand now. I guess everyone that calls me is too lazy to press # and then hang up. I'm not sure I understand why someone would actually do that. What is the benefit?

Scott
#11764 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 pm
That was lucky timing. I happened to be looking at another post and saw this one come in. I responded before I even received the notification.

Scott

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests