Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11694 by donwob
Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:04 am
So Blacklist have been around for 5 months now. And I must say the phone is only ringing from people I want to hear from. Thanks Ooma.

I checked this morning and I have 17 numbers blocked (excluding relatives) and will add one every month now.

How many numbers are on you blacklist?

Don
#11718 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:36 am
I have only five, but in this area they are the most important five. I showed someone at work my short blacklist and he saw all of the familiar local offenders and said "That's why I'm buying Ooma today". Just to block those five numbers. He didn't even ask to find out you get free phone service with it. :)

Scott
#11726 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 am
scottlindner wrote: He didn't even ask to find out you get free phone service with it. :)

Just as well you didn't say, as I think that blacklists are a Premier feature.
#11728 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:48 am
Groundhound wrote:
scottlindner wrote: He didn't even ask to find out you get free phone service with it. :)

Just as well you didn't say, as I think that blacklists are a Premier feature.

It is.
#11791 by voipdabbler
Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:17 am
I only got my Ooma this year, but I've used VOIP at home exclusively for the past 6 years and have been routing telemarketers to a number out of service message or blueface.ie's monkey sounds for much of that time. I've not taken the time to move many over to my Ooma blacklist--I find the data entry method for Ooma's blacklist tedious and hope some modifications are made so that it's more of a straight table entry that can be tabbed through rather than the current pop-up box that has to be launched for each entry. My total list of telemarketers to move over is well over 100--I would say almost 45-50 percent of them are different spoofed numbers used by those darned auto warranty groups. I still have another VOIP service and the funny thing is that when I check my call logs on it, some of the telemarketers at the beginning of my call screening list on it (meaning they were the first I added) keep dialing back periodically, even if they were routed to the number out of service message. The nice thing is that I don't have to deal with them since the phone doesn't ring. I will eventually get most of my telemarketers list moved over to Ooma.
#11792 by ggilman
Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 pm
Just three for me and it's all the same company. They won't stop calling so I started blacklisting them. Unfortunately they have multiple numbers so when they sneak through a call, I have to add the new phone # to the list.
#11798 by southsound
Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:50 pm
Wayne, does your wife know that her mom is on the list? :)

The offer of a spare bedroom still goes - but it's a long way to Harstine Island.