Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11574 by gpadick
Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:45 am
Some mornings, my son will tell me he lost internet access. I look at the hub and the tab was blue then turned red for a few minutes. Then it turned back to blue. I have Qwest DSL internet access. Is this a problem from Qwest or ooma? :(
#11575 by murphy
Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:04 am
If he lost internet access it is a Quest problem. That will also make the tab turn red. Check the configuration of your Quest DSL modem to make sure it is set to always stay connected. It may be configured to disconnect if there is no traffic flowing.
#11576 by gpadick
Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:31 am
Are you sure Murphy? I would think it was an ooma problem because as soon as it turns back to a blue tab then he can get back on the internet.
By the way I also don't have phone service when the tab turns red.

Thanks for your reply.
#11577 by WayneDsr
Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 am
You can't get on the internet and make a call because the internet connection is down. The light turns blue because the internet comes back up. ooma will not work without an internet connection.

But the internet will work if ooma is down.

Wayne
#11579 by gpadick
Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 am
WayneDsr wrote:You can't get on the internet and make a call because the internet connection is down. The light turns blue because the internet comes back up. ooma will not work without an internet connection.

But the internet will work if ooma is down.

Wayne

This is interesting. It just turned red again but my desktop was still working...getting stock info from Ameritrade. My laptop was still working too. Now it just turned back to blue. I wasn't having this problem when I with Vonage...Don't get me wrong. I love ooma, I am just curious what might be going on here?
#11581 by WayneDsr
Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 am
If your internet is up and ooma goes red, then it is a connection problem with ooma. You might need to jot down the times and call Customer Support. They might be able to check their logs.

Wayne
#11582 by gpadick
Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 am
WayneDsr wrote:If your internet is up and ooma goes red, then it is a connection problem with ooma. You might need to jot down the times and call Customer Support. They might be able to check their logs.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne. Will do.
#11750 by gpadick
Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:57 pm
Qwest came and fixed it. Evidently my connection at the main switch was down and I wasn't getting any signal.

Sheesh!
#11751 by WayneDsr
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:16 pm
I agree.. sheesh!

AT&T used to do that to me as well. They would tell me everything was fine on their end, they would have to send out a repairman. By the time the repairman came out it suddenly "fixed itself".
Glad you're back up and running!

Wayne