Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11423 by ggilman
Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:39 am
I have one company that keeps calling me, even after I asked them to stop. Finally I realized "Harness the power of ooma! Block those fools!", which I promptly did. However, it seems every single time they call it is from a different phone #. I keep blocking their individual numbers but apparently they have a number of them. I'm assuming it's not intentional, they just go out on a random phone line every time they pick up the phone. Regardless, though their # changes, their caller id name does not. Blocking by name would allow you to block entire companies rather than just a single phone line.
#11424 by southsound
Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:55 am
This might be surprising to some but telemarketers often "spoof" their CID. Offering a block by name might or might not work because as soon as they discover the name is blocked they will "spoof" something else. Basically if your name is on the national do not call list they are not supposed to call. But if they are willing to "break the law just a little" they are not above spoofing.

May they find a special place in the afterlife that has multiple 120db phones ringing with people saying, "Let me save you money on your car insurance/utility bills/termite control/etc." followed with incessent music on hold while they access your records (finish with the last mark).
Whew - that felt good. Not my usual attitude, but can you tell I don't like them either? ;)
#11430 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:57 pm
southsound wrote:Whew - that felt good. Not my usual attitude, but can you tell I don't like them either? ;)
+1