Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11304 by Stuntman
Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:53 am
Would like to be able to create a custom Caller ID.. where I could log onto the Lounge, put a number into an address book and have that NAME show up as the Caller ID on my phones AND in the txt message I get sent to my cell when I have a voice mail. Right now my txt messages just say a message from (xxx)xxx-xxxx was received.. sure would be nice it it would say from "Mom" or something instead!

I also am very frustrated that I get a lot of "Out of Area" caller ID's from numbers right across the street! It should read 'unavailable' if it is blocked and 'out of area' if it truly is out of area!

Thanks!
#11305 by bryanlyle
Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:58 am
From what I've read in the past, this very feature is in the works. Hopefully it's something that they can do soon.
#11306 by southsound
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:00 am
The feature is available on most DECT 6.0 phones, but here is good news in the form of a reply to a similar thread from one of ooma's best technical people who frequent this forum:

Dennis P wrote:Here is what we've found. In some cases, when the call comes to us, the caller-name is already attached. In this case the caller-ID is the actual name. In some cases we do not get the call with the caller-name attached and we have to look it up via TargusInfo. It appears that they don't have the information for that user, so they just return the city and state to us. I know the inconsistency is annoying. We are working on a contact list feature that will allow you to normalize this and return the name of the user in your address book. This would help to alleviate this problem in the future.
#11355 by lohertz
Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:43 am
A smell a product upgrade.....
#11359 by Stuntman
Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:22 am
lohertz wrote:A smell a product upgrade.....

I'm sure it will be a 'Premier' feature and they are simply waiting until my trial membership in that service expires!

;)
#11373 by southsound
Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:28 pm
Stuntman wrote:I'm sure it will be a 'Premier' feature and they are simply waiting until my trial membership in that service expires!

;)

Shrewd marketing would tell us that they are waiting until the day before your Premier trial expires so you can have a taste of how sweet the new feature is before they ask you to pay for it.

Although I squeak when I walk, if they keep adding new features like the address book even a poor raccoon like me will find a way to pay for Premier. :)