Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11274 by Dennis P
Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:08 pm
Fellow citizens of the ooma nation,

ooma is participating in a 20-store test inside Costco warehouse stores. With a tight marketing budget, we are planning to maximize our impact by drumming up local awareness through good old PR. The media will often like the opportunity to talk to and interview local users, so we're looking for volunteers! The stores that we will be testing in are in the following locations:

Gaithersburg, MD
Arlington, VA
East Jacksonville, FL
Naples, FL
Bloomfield Hill, MI
Oakbrook, IL
Houston, TX
San Antonio, TX
Phoenix, AZ
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Alhambra, CA
Chula Vista, CA
South San Francisco, CA
Folsom, CA
Waiphu, HI
Clackamas, OR
Tukwila, WA
Anchorage, AK
Bayamon, Puerto Rico

If you live in any of these areas AND are interested in being contacted by a member of the local media AND have a good word to say about ooma :), please PM me (hit the email icon next to my name) with the following information:

Name
City of residence
Best phone number to reach you on
E-mail address

I'll pass your information on to our PR folks who will handle the logistics. I'll apologize in advance that we may not be able to use or get back to everyone, but I'd like to thank you all for your support.

The test will begin next weekend, so if you know anyone who would be interested in ooma and lives in any of these areas, please let them know! ooma will be manning many of these stores with live demos on the weekends so someone will be available to answer questions.

Thanks!
#11332 by 1god1king
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:23 am
Nothing on the east coast ? I am in NYC and live in the Bronx if you have anything going this way please contact me would like to help . I enjoy oyur service and as a member want it to continue and will do my part .
#11353 by voipdabbler
Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:28 am
Why limit participation to those living in specific regions? Happy user experiences nationwide are relevant to those in the regions you'll be focusing your ad campaign on. In fact the broader the user base input, the better, IMHO. I've used VOIP exclusively at home for the past 6 years. None of the other VOIP providers that I've used have had the call quality that Ooma provides. I attribute this to a combination of your network and your proprietary hardware. I'm extremely happy with Ooma as are my friends and family, who had grown extremely frustrated as the call quality at my last primary VOIP provider deteriorated after they made changes to their servers. Those I call with Ooma are amazed, saying that it sounds like I'm sitting next to them and I would agree.
#11396 by Dennis P
Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:59 am
Thanks for everyone's interest! I'm more than happy to take volunteers from all areas. We suspect that members of the local media will be most interested in talking to local residents, but where that is not possible, it would certainly be great to have a list of satisfied customers from other areas.
#13304 by Gaelic1
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am
I hooked up my Ooma yesterday and was astounded by the voice clarity. It's better than my AT&T landline. The installation was easy with the guide provided. THe mailbox works very well and I am a very happy customer.
You may quote me anytime.
#16893 by o6richter
Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:20 pm
I've talked to alot of voip users and never felt their calls sounded "GOOD" - Most were vonage and choppy to the point I got every other word. I was reluctant to try ooma except for the 30 day policy.

Once I got it, it was far in excess of my expectations - on par with a typical landline, and in a friend's case who had alot of noise on his 2nd landline his ooma worked out better.

What I don't understand is with ooma knocking the socks off vonage, then why doesn't ooma advertise on TV. You can't turn on the TV today and not see a vonage ad on cable, yet ooma which sounds far superior and a heck of a lot cheaper isn't advertising what they have to offer.

Vonage fails to mention they are going to lock you into a 2 year contract with a penalty and they want a credit card to charge in case you should become dissatisfied and leave - but ooma doesn't want a deposit, and gives you a 30 day trial - if you don't like it you can return it.

I'd like to start seeing more ooma ads so people quit paying vonage 25 bucks a month for something ooma gives you for 1/4 that price - plus you don't have all those subscriber line fees and taxes that bring $25 up to $30 real dollars on your bill.

We need an ooma TV spot - vonage has them and magikjack has them, but both sound terrible. The one good voip system isn't advertising!

Richter