Black list number didn't get blocked.

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
in2dadark

Black list number didn't get blocked.

Post by in2dadark » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:54 am

I had a black list number get through today. Had it on block and found a voice mail message from them this morning after having all my calls set to voice mail during the overnight..

scottlindner

Re: Black list number didn't get blocked.

Post by scottlindner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 am

In the Lounge under Preferences / Privacy / Blacklists what option do you have selected for "Callers on my personal blacklist should be:"

in2dadark

Post by in2dadark » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:41 pm

scottlindner wrote:In the Lounge under Preferences / Privacy / Blacklists what option do you have selected for "Callers on my personal blacklist should be:"
Blocked

in2dadark

Post by in2dadark » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:44 pm

I just thought of something. I have my calls from my pending port number forwarded to my ooma #. Is it possible it got through that way? I can't see how. When a call is forwarded I see the callers number and not my number it's being forwarded from..

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 pm

That doesn't make sense to me, but it certainly seems like a reasonable thought.

Could it be something like a special character in the CID that makes it look the same, but really isn't the same?

Scott

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:01 am

Yes, any calls to an integrated land line or to a forwarded number are not processed by ooma and therefore would not be blocked or forwarded (multi-ring).

There is an enhancement coming that will fix this.

number9

Post by number9 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 am

My port has been complete for few months. I have one number that was blacklisted come through and one number that was blacklisted show up in my call log, not on blacklist. I added these numbers to the blacklist and saved.
I wonder if listing these numbers manually or just clicking on 'blacklist' button in the call log has anything to do with whether the numbers are blacklisted or not. A glitch maybe?
Plays PRS guitars

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:58 am

Could it have something to do with the 1 if it is long distance? Or area code if it's local?

in2dadark

Post by in2dadark » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:33 pm

(804) 474-6725

This is the number that is calling me. It is a telemarketing outfit. I'm on the do not call list on my other number. I think I added it manually. But I will redo it. I'm not sure which number it is they're calling. (weather it's the forward number or an ooma #)...

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 pm

in2dadark wrote:(804) 474-6725

This is the number that is calling me. It is a telemarketing outfit. I'm on the do not call list on my other number. I think I added it manually. But I will redo it. I'm not sure which number it is they're calling. (weather it's the forward number or an ooma #)...
The Lounge Call Log should answer that question.

As for being on the Do Not Call Registry, I always file a complaint online whenever someone violates it. I doubt it's going to do any good, but at least it's another entry in the violation database should the FCC ever decide to do something about it. https://complaints.donotcall.gov/compla ... px?panel=2

Scott