Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11160 by in2dadark
Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:54 am
I had a black list number get through today. Had it on block and found a voice mail message from them this morning after having all my calls set to voice mail during the overnight..
#11196 by in2dadark
Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:44 pm
I just thought of something. I have my calls from my pending port number forwarded to my ooma #. Is it possible it got through that way? I can't see how. When a call is forwarded I see the callers number and not my number it's being forwarded from..
#11199 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 pm
That doesn't make sense to me, but it certainly seems like a reasonable thought.

Could it be something like a special character in the CID that makes it look the same, but really isn't the same?

Scott
#11217 by bw1
Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:01 am
Yes, any calls to an integrated land line or to a forwarded number are not processed by ooma and therefore would not be blocked or forwarded (multi-ring).

There is an enhancement coming that will fix this.
#11224 by number9
Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 am
My port has been complete for few months. I have one number that was blacklisted come through and one number that was blacklisted show up in my call log, not on blacklist. I added these numbers to the blacklist and saved.
I wonder if listing these numbers manually or just clicking on 'blacklist' button in the call log has anything to do with whether the numbers are blacklisted or not. A glitch maybe?
#11254 by in2dadark
Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:33 pm
(804) 474-6725

This is the number that is calling me. It is a telemarketing outfit. I'm on the do not call list on my other number. I think I added it manually. But I will redo it. I'm not sure which number it is they're calling. (weather it's the forward number or an ooma #)...
#11255 by scottlindner
Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 pm
in2dadark wrote:(804) 474-6725

This is the number that is calling me. It is a telemarketing outfit. I'm on the do not call list on my other number. I think I added it manually. But I will redo it. I'm not sure which number it is they're calling. (weather it's the forward number or an ooma #)...

The Lounge Call Log should answer that question.

As for being on the Do Not Call Registry, I always file a complaint online whenever someone violates it. I doubt it's going to do any good, but at least it's another entry in the violation database should the FCC ever decide to do something about it. https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2

Scott