Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11125 by cardenlu
Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 am
I live in a remote area where it is difficult to receive pages, unreliable at best.
I was wondering if there is any sort of email address associated with my Ooma account which would ring my phone when an email was sent?
Basically I am looking for some sort of solution where I can receive an incoming ring on my phone (ooma account) as if a call were coming in, when an alert is sent to me. The alerting/paging system at my job is only capable of sending to an email address or to a pager pin #.
Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
#11128 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 am
WayneDsr wrote:Don't most cell phone's come with email these days? That would be the best solution.

Wayne

Not by default. Data service costs a pretty penny for a lot of cell plans these days. I do not pay for a data plan. My cell phone is just a regular phone with a built in addressbook and a crappy digital camera that I will never use.

Scott
#11129 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 am
That's an interesting request. You want email to phone call, where most services like Ooma are focused on phone call to email.

I bet when the SDK is released there might be a way to set this up. At the moment I do not believe it is possible.

Cheers,
Scott
#11138 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:33 am
WayneDsr wrote:Thanks for checking.

Have you any indication when Google will go public with Google Voice?

Wayne

Absolutely. That is definitely their plan. When Google bought Grand Central they locked down the registrations for the same reasons they did with Google Mail. It'll be opened up. I have no clue when though.

Scott
#11170 by lohertz
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:33 am
scottlindner wrote:Absolutely. That is definitely their plan. When Google bought Grand Central they locked down the registrations for the same reasons they did with Google Mail. It'll be opened up. I have no clue when though.

Scott

That's like saying Google will take the beta tag off its services :)