Custom "on hold" music in Lounge

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
scottlindner

Custom "on hold" music in Lounge

Post by scottlindner » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Today I was experimenting with changing lines, putting people on hold, and wondered to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if it was an Ooma advert they were hearing?" as long as it was done tastefully? Then I started to think, it would be even more cool if I could upload an mp3 to the Lounge, or configure a local UPnP or ShoutCast server to stream "on hold" music from within my network.

This is definitely low priority, but it would be really cool as a Premier feature for anyone that is big into using multiple lines.

Scott

southsound

Re: Custom "on hold" music in Lounge

Post by southsound » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Tasteful and with the ability to disable it completely or it would be really hated by those who now complain about the little ooma plug after you leave a voicemail and choose to press # instead of just hanging up. The voice says, "Thank you for using the ooma broadband answering machine. Goodbye." It's tasteful, polite, and yet some are offended because they can't turn it off. I think having an ooma advert on hold would cause way more flack than any of us want to hear.

But I love the idea of being able to provide our own MP3 through a lounge upload (or even through the ooma setup screen) so if it was a home business (or even just a residence) the caller could hear something that would let them know they were not forgotten and that they were still on hold.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Not to mention the ability to upload our own high quality recording for the greeting via an mp3 file.

Wayne

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:39 am

Good commentary and ideas. I agree.

pantut

Post by pantut » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:29 am

Love the idea of music on hold as part of the premier service. Very easy app, so lets make this happen guys !!

alex_ncus

Post by alex_ncus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:30 am

another vote for this feature

Timmie

Post by Timmie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Love this...I have an on hold unit at my home office but cant make it work with ooma...would love this feature for clients!