Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11036 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 pm
Today I was experimenting with changing lines, putting people on hold, and wondered to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if it was an Ooma advert they were hearing?" as long as it was done tastefully? Then I started to think, it would be even more cool if I could upload an mp3 to the Lounge, or configure a local UPnP or ShoutCast server to stream "on hold" music from within my network.

This is definitely low priority, but it would be really cool as a Premier feature for anyone that is big into using multiple lines.

Scott
#11037 by southsound
Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:02 pm
Tasteful and with the ability to disable it completely or it would be really hated by those who now complain about the little ooma plug after you leave a voicemail and choose to press # instead of just hanging up. The voice says, "Thank you for using the ooma broadband answering machine. Goodbye." It's tasteful, polite, and yet some are offended because they can't turn it off. I think having an ooma advert on hold would cause way more flack than any of us want to hear.

But I love the idea of being able to provide our own MP3 through a lounge upload (or even through the ooma setup screen) so if it was a home business (or even just a residence) the caller could hear something that would let them know they were not forgotten and that they were still on hold.