Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11007 by steve800x
Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
scottlindner wrote:
steve800x wrote:Update. I plugged the scout into the wall port on the hub. The blue light came on and works fine. So now I need to run a line from the hub up to my living room to where the scout will be. I just want the scout for anwsering the voicemails without going downstairs where the hub is. These don't beep do they if there is a message waiting.

You don't necessarily need to run a separate line. Check your home's phone wiring. If you have all four wires (both lines) wired you can use a little L1 and L2 splitter at both the Hub and Scout and put the Hub and Scout connection over Line 2. Make sense?

Scott

I think when I wired the phone line 11 years ago I only hooked up 2 wires.
#11010 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 am
steve800x wrote:
scottlindner wrote:
steve800x wrote:Update. I plugged the scout into the wall port on the hub. The blue light came on and works fine. So now I need to run a line from the hub up to my living room to where the scout will be. I just want the scout for anwsering the voicemails without going downstairs where the hub is. These don't beep do they if there is a message waiting.

You don't necessarily need to run a separate line. Check your home's phone wiring. If you have all four wires (both lines) wired you can use a little L1 and L2 splitter at both the Hub and Scout and put the Hub and Scout connection over Line 2. Make sense?

Scott

I think when I wired the phone line 11 years ago I only hooked up 2 wires.

Is the wire in the walls only two wire, or is that at the wall plates and you left two wires unattached? If the wires in the walls are four wires then you should be able to take the wall plates off and wire up the second line so you don't need to run something extra. If each room is a separate run from the demarcation point (phone box) then you might need to open the phone box up to connect the second line.

Scott
#11012 by steve800x
Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:06 am
Is the wire in the walls only two wire, or is that at the wall plates and you left two wires unattached? If the wires in the walls are four wires then you should be able to take the wall plates off and wire up the second line so you don't need to run something extra. If each room is a separate run from the demarcation point (phone box) then you might need to open the phone box up to connect the second line.

Scott[/quote]
Its four wire but I if I rememeber correctly I piggy back from one jack to the next.I don't remember which one I started at. It would take alot longer to to hook up all the jacks with all 4 wires then it would take for me to run one line from the hub to the scout.
#11046 by Groundhound
Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:31 am
Depending on how many phones you have plugged into jacks in your home, you may not need to run anymore wires. For example, if you have a cordless phone plugged into the hub and several cordless extensions around the home, and then another wired phone in the room where you want the scout, you could just use the hub & scout's wall connections through the house line1 wiring and the hub and & scout's phone connections to plug the phones into.