Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10942 by Dennyhull
Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:19 am
I have been using Ooma for approximately one month and love it. I ported 2 phone numbers and have a cordless phone set up on my Scout (wife's line) and a cordless phone in my computer room set up on the Hub (shared on preferences)

Is there ant way I can answer my wife's line on the cordless hooked to the hub? Currently I have to leave my room and go to one of the cordless phones hooked to the scout. When I was with the phone company, I had a 2 line phone in my room.

Denny
Brighton, Michigan
#10944 by murphy
Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:23 am
Wire the two line phone so that it's line 1 is fed from the hub and it's line 2 is fed from the scout.
#10945 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:45 am
To answer your wife's line, when the phone rings press talk on your cordless phone (you'll hear the ooma dial tone), then press **1 (assuming your wife's line is the second line) and you should be connected.

Edited: My mistake, what I wrote allows you to make outbound calls on your wife's number from your hub-connected phone but not answer inbound calls - sorry.
#10951 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:21 am
To elaborate a bit on what Murphy said, assuming your home wiring permits two lines and all connections in the home wiring are correct with no connections at all to the phone company, and that the two line phone you want to use has separate input ports for Line 1 and Line 2, this should work (I think):

Put a Line1-Line2 adapter (http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... largeimage) on the wall jack that your hub is connected to, and plug the hub's wall jack into the adapter's Line1 port. Your two line phone should have its line1 input connected to the phone jack on the hub and then connect the phone's line2 input to the line2 port on the adapter.

In your wife's office, place another Line1-Line2 adapter on her wall jack and connect her scout's wall jack to the adapter's Line1 port. Now using a standard phone line splitter like the one that came with your ooma, connect that splitter to the phone jack on the scout and then connect your wife's phone to one of the splitter's ports and connect the other port on that splitter to the line2 port on the Line1-Line2 adapter on the wall jack.

Now your home's line 1 circuit is the ooma hub and scout network while the home's line 2 circuit has your wife's line on it available at any wall jack you want to plug a Line1-Line2 adapter into.
#10952 by StevenJohn
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:34 am
Dennyhull wrote:Is there ant way I can answer my wife's line on the cordless hooked to the hub?

Push talk (or whatever) to answer the phone. When you hear the dial tone press flash. Will that not switch to the other line?

SJ
#10955 by Dennyhull
Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:07 am
StevenJohn wrote:
Dennyhull wrote:Is there ant way I can answer my wife's line on the cordless hooked to the hub?

Push talk (or whatever) to answer the phone. When you hear the dial tone press flash. Will that not switch to the other line?

SJ

Steven,

Thank you. This is an easy solution and it works great.

DH
#10958 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:29 am
Easy solutions are always best. I tried using flash with my setup and it didn't work, but I have my second line assigned to the scout so I can have a second voice mail account. I assume since flash does work for you that you don't have your wife's number assigned?