Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13438 by StevenJohn
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:55 am
I was just double checking my Tomato settings and I went to the Knowledge Base on ooma to see if I had all the port numbers correct. It looks like ooma has changed some of the numbers.

from site:

Service Ports

ooma uses the following application ports for outbound data and voice traffic:
UDP 53, UDP 123, UDP 514, UDP 1194,UDP 3386, UDP 3480, UDP 10000-20000, TCP 53 and TCP 443.

sj
#13439 by scottlindner
Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 am
StevenJohn wrote:I was just double checking my Tomato settings and I went to the Knowledge Base on ooma to see if I had all the port numbers correct. It looks like ooma has changed some of the numbers.

from site:

Service Ports

ooma uses the following application ports for outbound data and voice traffic:
UDP 53, UDP 123, UDP 514, UDP 1194,UDP 3386, UDP 3480, UDP 10000-20000, TCP 53 and TCP 443.

sj

Can you provide the URL to this reference since most people on this forum are using different numbers? That will give us all an opportunity to improve our QoS settings.

I have been considering switching to a MAC based priority for Ooma. I only have one VOIP device, so it isn't like I need to use port based to support multiple VOIPs.

Scott
#20687 by CoolDil
Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:13 pm
StevenJohn wrote:I was just double checking my Tomato settings and I went to the Knowledge Base on ooma to see if I had all the port numbers correct. It looks like ooma has changed some of the numbers.

*snip*
sj

Best way to address this is to simply configure Tomato QoS to use the (source) MAC address of the Ooma Hub to prioritize the traffic. Make sure to move the "Ooma rule" to the very top.

The above will ensure that Ooma traffic is classified properly regardless of which ports the traffic is going out on.