Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10924 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 am
Has anyone else noticed the forum search doesn't work very well? I tried searching for "QoS" to find the two threads where the QoS settings for Ooma are listed. I couldn't find them. So I used Google, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=QoS&as_sitesearch=ooma.com and it was able to find them just fine.

Has anyone else observed the forum search not working well, or is it a user thing and there's another way to get the results that I'm looking for?

Cheers,
Scott
#10946 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:48 am
The search function on this forum does not allow three character search terms, so if you want to search for QoS, try entering something like "QoS settings".
#10949 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:45 am
Groundhound wrote:The search function on this forum does not allow three character search terms, so if you want to search for QoS, try entering something like "QoS settings".

Ahh! Is the minimum four characters?

Scott
#11008 by bw1
Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:48 am
I found that to be the case as well. Yes, 4 characters works correctly. It is a setting with phpbb software. If the admin checks "fulltext native" setting in ACP>search settings it should work.
#11136 by Bobby B
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:30 am
Yep, the MySQL search doesn't work as well as the fulltext native search.

Unfortunately, there seems to be something wrong with the speed of the indexing on the fulltext native search that we haven't got around to looking into.
#11142 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:41 am
That's OK. We can search the forum fairly well using Google if we need to. You've confirmed the issue which was the intent of my post. Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott