Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11564 by wicheese
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:17 pm
Phyllis wrote:I'm glad to know you had a good experience porting your number to OOma. I have been waiting for OVER THREE MONTHS and still have not gotten the number ported and Ooma can't explain the delay. I called again this morning to check on the status and they tell me they're trying to get it done this week--we'll see.

Im with you Phyllis. I have been waiting over 3 months as well(from vonage). The most frustrating thing has been the inconsistencies in ooma support. I called after the first month and the support rep told me everything should be done by the following week. I called the following week and the support rep didnt know where I got my information from. They then requested a new LOA from me. After another few weeks I called again and was given a date of June 5. Then it changed to June 8. When these dates went by I was told they were soft dates and not confirmed dates. Ive been told I will get an email when a confirm date is scheduled and ive been told I will not get an email when its scheduled. Same for when it actually ports(it does not seem like it ever will at this point). I have also been told several times someone from ooma support will call me back in the afternoon after they check into some stuff. I have yet to receive a call. When I called support today it sounded like they tried to call vonage but could not get a hold of anyone. They told me they may be at lunch(?!) Maybe its because ive had a long day and its way past my bedtime, but im frustrated. My wife is frustrated. I want to show everyone in my family how cool ooma is but all they see is the problems ive been having with getting our number ported. I wouldnt put it past vonage to be part of the problem and holding this up, but I expect ooma to be fighting for me here and staying on top of things to get my number ported.
#11566 by niknak
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 pm
...I wouldnt put it past vonage to be part of the problem and holding this up...

This is exactly why you are having problems
Call vonage and complain loudly to them instead of ooma.
Maybe threaten to not pay your vonage bill after a reasonable time to complete the port
#11570 by murphy
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:25 am
If you have an outstanding bill from Vonage, they will not permit the port to go through until you bring your account up to date. Also turn off any special features that you have enabled as that may get in the way of the port.
#11571 by wicheese
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:13 am
murphy wrote:If you have an outstanding bill from Vonage, they will not permit the port to go through until you bring your account up to date.

Its funny and depressing at the same time. The first email I got today was -
Thank you for choosing Vonage, the #1 rated digital phone service. This email is to notify you that we have successfully processed the monthly charges for your Vonage account in the amount listed below.