Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10739 by desi
Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:20 pm
guys, I previously had dsl and land line on the same line. Now I got just dsl and cutoff the landline number. hence no dailtone. Do u know anyway to get my ooma working..
ooma tab is blinking red, so are line 1& line 2 and voice mail and delete button. BUT My internet connection is working fine when I connect from my laptop to modem directly..

tired all things I know..

any help will be greatly appreciated..
#10741 by desi
Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 pm
thanks..

Yes..the only thing that is mentioned in the trouble shooting tips seems to be that you would get the ooma tab falshing red when there is NO internet connection. But I do not see any issue with internet connection..
Last edited by desi on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#10742 by southsound
Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:40 pm
Could you tell us a little more about your setup? How do you have your ooma hub connected? Is it modem<>ooma<>router/pc or are you usinga wireless connection from your modem for the PC? What kind of telephone are you using - cordless 2.4ghz, DECT 6.0, or ?? Did you have your ooma hub connected to the landline? Are you using a scout? If so, how is it connected?

The more we know about your setup the better we can do for troubleshooting tips. Please don't even ignor the obvious - many of us have been bitten by the simple things that we assume are working OK.
#10761 by murphy
Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:14 am
If you originally had your land line integrated with ooma and now have no land line, you must call ooma support and have them re-configure your ooma hub to work without a land line.
#10763 by scottlindner
Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:25 am
murphy wrote:If you originally had your land line integrated with ooma and now have no land line, you must call ooma support and have them re-configure your ooma hub to work without a land line.

I remember setting this configuration option when I set up my Ooma. Can we rerun setup or is that a one shot deal?

Cheers,
Scott
#10765 by murphy
Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:47 am
scottlindner wrote:I remember setting this configuration option when I set up my Ooma. Can we rerun setup or is that a one shot deal?

It's a one shot deal. You must call support to have this corrected.
#10766 by scottlindner
Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am
murphy wrote:
scottlindner wrote:I remember setting this configuration option when I set up my Ooma. Can we rerun setup or is that a one shot deal?

It's a one shot deal. You must call support to have this corrected.

That is an awesome thing to know! I plan on being in the same situation as the OP soon.

There is a timing issue with this. I guess the best practice is to call Ooma prior to this change happening. Would you agree?

Scott
#10771 by scottlindner
Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:34 am
WayneDsr wrote:I don't think this happens with every port, just once in awhile there's a glitch.

Wayne

Ahh.. so reconfiguring your hub is something Ooma normally does once a port goes through?

Cheers,
Scott