Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10589 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 am
I have a feature request that could make it easier for Ooma to get data for improving call quality. It would be useful for us to be able to rank call quality an indicate typical problems right in the call log. This would get them far more data to use for statistical analysis, would simplify the process of identifying and correcting a problem rather than sending emails or a phone call, and should improve satisfaction overall. I have seen posts of unhappy customers that resolved their issue with the first call to Ooma. So if people can mark a problem in their call log Ooma can address it before a customer reaches their boiling point.

Scott
#10631 by Bobby B
Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 pm
This is an excellent idea - we've actually started some discussions on this idea a couple months back when SouthSound identified problems with echo in the washington area. We realized that we should've been able to identify these types of problems more quickly - since multiple customers in the Washington area were affected. I'm hopeful when we can take call quality reports from the call log, we can identify these regional problems more quickly.
#10633 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Bobby B wrote:This is an excellent idea - we've actually started some discussions on this idea a couple months back when SouthSound identified problems with echo in the washington area. We realized that we should've been able to identify these types of problems more quickly - since multiple customers in the Washington area were affected. I'm hopeful when we can take call quality reports from the call log, we can identify these regional problems more quickly.

I'm glad you like it. It might help people feel like the have a more direct avenue before they get to the point of venting on the forum. Another plus that occurred to me after posting is you can use this as a real time statistic to use in marketing to demonstrate that your results are based on user feedback, and not your own benchmarks. Like those DieTech signs that post how many dollars in loans they have made just ticking up, up, up. User feedback is always far more powerful. That is, as long as it's good feedback which I'm sure it will be. :)

Cheers,
Scott
#10665 by Colanth
Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 am
Real live user feedback to use in marketing, Bobby:

The only reason to stay with your POTS carrier is to lighten your wallet.

I did a "cheap port" yesterday - I ordered hard forwarding of my POTS number to my ooma number - until my wife feels comfortable with cutting the cord. No forwarding, but they did give me voice mail, with answer on the first ring. So, effectively, I had no phone service. Good reason to stay with them? Riiiggghhhttt! (This isn't Joe's RTC, this is Verizon. You'd think they'd know the difference between forwarding and VM.)

Well, I still had ooma phone service, so I was able to call home. Considering what the call was about, my hub is now paid for.

Thanks, ooma.

Al