Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#589 by Tenor
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:43 am
Call filtering is another feature I would like to see added to the list. Sometimes you want just a handful of people to be able to reach you.
#591 by trim81
Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:58 pm
Tenor wrote:Call filtering is another feature I would like to see added to the list. Sometimes you want just a handful of people to be able to reach you.

Also, from the other thread...the Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless handset has a call block feature as well.

Highly recommend that phone set
#602 by Tenor
Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:16 pm
trim81 wrote:
Tenor wrote:Call filtering is another feature I would like to see added to the list. Sometimes you want just a handful of people to be able to reach you.

Also, from the other thread...the Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless handset has a call block feature as well.

Thanks again. I didn't really want to lay out more money for another cordless phone system, especially since mine works so well. I guess I'll look into it. Fry's had the DECT w/ 4 units for $79 this weekend.
#779 by gharabed
Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:10 pm
I agree. I'd love to be able to create a black list (disallow certain phone numbers from calling) for filtering calls out.
#822 by dcmidnight
Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:53 am
trim81 wrote:

Does this allow you to block certain phone numbers? Does it give the caller a message or does it sent them straight to voicemail?

This is a feature I would love Ooma to have but I would buy that handset today if thats what it was. Do you have a specific model # or Amazon link?

Thank you!
#823 by trim81
Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:56 am
dcmidnight wrote:
trim81 wrote:

Does this allow you to block certain phone numbers? Does it give the caller a message or does it sent them straight to voicemail?

This is a feature I would love Ooma to have but I would buy that handset today if thats what it was. Do you have a specific model # or Amazon link?

Thank you!

This is the Panasonic system that I use... (you can find a less # of handset model if you do not require all 4, at a cheaper price)

Yes you can block up to 20 numbers, I believe, and the caller gets a fast busy calling your line.

The caveat is: Your phone will ring once, and once the caller ID picks up the "Blocked Number" it auto sends it to a fast busy.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Expanda ... 280&sr=8-1
#846 by skellener
Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm
I'd like to see the call blocking feature work at the Ooma Lounge. I have the Panasonic phone. It does block the call, it generally rings once then blocks it.

Not only would it be great if you could set up a call blocking list in the lounge, but I'd also like to see a trusted calls list that would allow you to add phone numbers and names to show up in the Caller ID.

Called ID seems to use a cache that is outdated or incorrect. If we were able to input the phone numbers and ID we'd like to show up, that would be a fantastic feature. That way you could enter "Grandma" or "Mom" or "Cousin Larry" into your list and that's what would show up in the Caller ID.

I don't know if that could be done, but it would definitely be a feature I'd like to see.
#1257 by Tenor
Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 pm
This is too funny. I just got the Panasonic phone system (KX-TG9344) today and low and behold, I receive the e-mail that this feature is now active.

My luck.

I'm still happy with Ooma. Thanks for the feature.