Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#584 by Tenor
Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:46 pm
We should be able to customize the names of callers instead of seeing "Cell Phone" on the caller ID. This is a standard feature with some other VOIP companies.
#585 by trim81
Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:46 am
Tenor wrote:We should be able to customize the names of callers instead of seeing "Cell Phone" on the caller ID. This is a standard feature with some other VOIP companies.

look into the Panasonic DECT phones...you can save the phone number and name it whatever you like...aka custom caller ID
#586 by Tenor
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:31 am
trim81 wrote:
Tenor wrote:We should be able to customize the names of callers instead of seeing "Cell Phone" on the caller ID. This is a standard feature with some other VOIP companies.

look into the Panasonic DECT phones...you can save the phone number and name it whatever you like...aka custom caller ID

Thanks.
#605 by Dennis P
Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 pm
Thanks for the suggestion! This is an enhancement that we do have planned.
#1188 by skellener
Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 am
Can't wait! Custom Caller ID will be a very welcomed feature.
#1373 by scots
Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:26 am
I'd like to add my vote for this one! I had this feature with my last two VoIP providers and loved it.
#2385 by Asok
Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 pm
+1 vote for me.

I came out here to suggest this very feature. More often than not, I don't get useful caller ID info from incoming calls. Even the people I get caller ID from, it is often wrong (husband's name on wife's cell phone), misleading (telemarketers), generic ("wireless caller"), or just cryptic. I'd love to assign friendlier names (or funny names) to many of them. I can program some of my phones to do this, but it is a pain to do. Plus, if this is done down at the Ooma level, these names can carry over to my inbox, block list, call log, etc.
#2396 by scots
Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:14 am
I had custom caller ID with my last VoIP provider. My neighbor across the street didn't know this. One day when she was at my house I went and setup a custom caller ID for her cell phone with the name "Crazy Lady." I asked her to call my house from her cell phone, and she busted out laughing when she saw the caller ID. :-)