Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#583 by Tenor
Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:40 pm
Please add speed dial to your list. It's very handy for making calls to the same people.
#3250 by rajeev_mahajan
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:53 pm
The moderator will probably get tired of my quoting CallCentric, but they let you store 100 speed dials (don't know who ever would store that many or remember which one is which!). I'll settle for 10 on ooma.
#3251 by murphy
Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 pm
All of my phones (Panasonic and Nortel) have the ability to store at least 50 numbers. There is no need for ooma to duplicate this functionality.
#3689 by rajeev_mahajan
Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 am
Two third of the posts still request the feature so far. Nothing critical but a nice to have when/if the ooma support team ever gets to it. And for the one thirds, perhaps they'd like for the option to enable/disable the soft speed dials.
#3693 by WayneDsr
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 am
Agree with Murphy, I have speed dial on all my phones connected to ooma, can't see a need to duplicate what I already have.

Wayne
#3714 by sligg
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:46 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Agree with Murphy, I have speed dial on all my phones connected to ooma, can't see a need to duplicate what I already have.

Wayne

All 6.0 Dect cordless phones that I have checked do not have the speed dial feature. I use Panasonic KX-TG9333 and it does not have speed dial.

It would be a much needed feature if Ooma added it but not as a Premier service.
#3717 by dmlanger
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:56 pm
It would be nice to have it on ooma itself. Lets say you want to add your friend to it, you'd have to go to every phone in your house to add them in and you might even have conflicting speed dial numbers. If ooma had then you could manage the list online in one location and have it apply to all phones. It would so much more convenient. Same thing goes if your friend changes numbers or you want to delete them, you have to go to every phone and that can get quite irritating.
#3994 by jmassimilla
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:43 pm
dmlanger wrote:It would be nice to have it on ooma itself. Lets say you want to add your friend to it, you'd have to go to every phone in your house to add them in and you might even have conflicting speed dial numbers. If ooma had then you could manage the list online in one location and have it apply to all phones. It would so much more convenient. Same thing goes if your friend changes numbers or you want to delete them, you have to go to every phone and that can get quite irritating.

I couldn't agree more. I have contact lists on all of my phones, but no speed dial. The contact lists (on the phones) are too much of a hassle to navigate. Speed dialing is a feature that we used with Voicewing and Vonage and we miss it.
#76019 by phonetech
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:12 am
I commend Ooma's Engineering staff for Implementing Speed Dialing in the Teleo handset during 2010.

In addition to the Speed Dial functionality of the Teleo handset, I would suggest that Speed Dialing ALSO be enabled for ANALOG handsets plugged into the Ooma base station.

This could be implemented by allowing the ANALOG device to use the speed dials which are setup in the primary Teleo handset.

While I acknowledge that ANALOG phones can be purchased that permit hardware-based speed dialing, Speed Dial integration with the Ooma Teleo base should significantly speed up call processing. Like dialing *98 for voice mail, it eliminates the need for a longer sequence of DTMF tones to be transmitted by the analog set. Additionally, Speed Dialing integration for analog phones makes it easier for those using conventional phones which lack convenient speed dial capability.

To accomplish this, calls from the Analog handset can follow the normal pattern for Speed Dial 8, as described below:

1. With Speed Dial 8 the caller dials a single digit between 2 and 9 followed by a '#' sign to indicate no further digits are to be dialed.

2. If '#' is not dialed, then the timeout would typically occur around 10 seconds, at which point the Speed Dial number would be processed.

Setting of the Speed Dialing would be done from the primary Teleo handset. If Ooma engineers wish to do so, they can also program the standard *74 "vertical service code" to allow programming of speed dialing directly from ANALOG extensions.

If a longer speed dialing list is desired, 2-digit speed dial numbers can be accommodated instead of OR in parallel with single digit speed dialing. *75 is the standard telco "vertical service code" used to program 2-digit speed dialing.

Regards,

John
Telecom Engineer