Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10963 by pl1
Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:43 am
and how would having VM OFF option as Scott requested solve the telemarketing calls from ringing?
you can't.
the first call still has to come thru..
I guess you have to understand how the CID machine I use works. If the call is blackisted, the call is sent to a phantom port. It will ring until the caller hangs up. In this case, since Ooma will pickup and leave VM, I replace it with an answering machine that does not ring and with call screening off. Then, I have the option of rejecting the call with my answering machine. If I could turn off the Ooma VM, I would not need the second answering machine. All calls that are blacklisted ring indefinitely.
#11051 by lohertz
Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:57 am
The new answer will be Ooma's Telo. If you haven't heard about or seen pics, it will most likely "solve" the dilema.

What I would like to see is when I look at my handset, it displays a "New Message" just as it does for "New Calls".

I believe the Telo will incorporate that into it's handset. This is speculation, but that would be a reasonable assumption.
#11067 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 am
lohertz wrote:The new answer will be Ooma's Telo. If you haven't heard about or seen pics, it will most likely "solve" the dilema.

What I would like to see is when I look at my handset, it displays a "New Message" just as it does for "New Calls".

I believe the Telo will incorporate that into it's handset. This is speculation, but that would be a reasonable assumption.

Are we getting free upgrades to Telo? :-)
#11074 by southsound
Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 am
lohertz wrote:Are we getting free upgrades to Telo? :-)

No, but think of it this way. When I bought a new car some time ago, my son was just getting his driver's license. I gave him my old truck and he was pleased as could be. Of course, he had to change the color to something cool and put a dual subwoofer cabinet in the bed, cut a hole through to the cab, and put in about a bazillion watt amplifier so he would be able to experience deafness at an early age. He loved it. And I loved my new car. Stock sound system, nice color from the factory, etc.

When the Telo comes out, gift your old system to a friend or relative. There is a minimal cost to swap owners and numbers, but they will love not having a phone bill. All the features will still work and the hub/scout will still receive support from ooma and this forum. And you will be able to enjoy the wonderful new features. I think I heard that the Telo might even make those fancy coffee drinks we enjoy here in the Northwest, but that might just be my imagination. Can you say good bye phone bills and Starbucks???

Ahhhh. Coffee!!! :)
#11091 by lohertz
Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:33 pm
Sorry, I like good old foldgers (gourmet supreme from walmart.) And when I'm camping its Nescafe.

I cant wait to see some real specs on the Telo!

And southsound has the right idea...I do plan to gift mine to a relative.