Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10073 by DatOoma
Thu May 21, 2009 12:35 pm
I'm thinking of replacing my house phone with a different model. Do you guys have any recommendations as to what phone I can buy to attach to my Ooma Hub?
#10083 by Luke
Thu May 21, 2009 1:51 pm
I would suggest any DECT 6.0 Interference Free Cordless Frequency
(1.9 GHz Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications). I always like Uniden phones.
#10174 by oomg
Sat May 23, 2009 6:01 am
Neubiee wrote:Panasonic or Uniden is your best bet..worth the extra few bucks. Stay away from ge vtech att philips and other no brand models.

Hold on just a minute pardner!

I have also liked and used mostly Panasonic products for more than 20 years. However, when I was looking for something to attach to my ooma system, I stumbled on a set which is sold under the GE name:
http://www.home-electronics.net/ge/pc/s ... submit.y=9

I have six stations in the system. In addition to having a number of other features, including speaker phone, it has its own internal paging system. Very light... individual unit weighs approximately. 2-3 oz. Lithium battery. Total cost at Fry's was about $130. So far, I am very happy with the system.

One of my sons uses a VTech system for about three years... no complaints so far. Can't comment on the others.
#10178 by papa ooma
Sat May 23, 2009 8:34 am
Just bought the Panasonic KX-TG9344T, 4 handsets expandable to 6 from Best Buy on sale for $119.99 the sticker on the box says $144.99 but I think the regular price is $129.99 currently. I'm using these on the first level. The talking caller ID is kind of cool if you like the robotic voice telling you who is calling.

Took my old Panasonic 2 handset that we have had for 5 years upstairs and I'm using it with the Scout. I'm returning an off brand Dect 6.0 3 handset system. Just no comparison with the Panny. Good luck on your search!

Edited to add that these phones are on sale for $103.99 May 24 & 25. Not affiliated with Best Buy, but I know Oomanites like to save money.
#10241 by Neubiee
Sun May 24, 2009 2:44 pm
OOMG - good that it is working out for you. I tried quite a few of these models.. didn't have much luck. That's why I suggested Panasonic/Uniden.

From what I've read GE/ATT phones are not actually manufactured by GE or ATT, rather just licensed to use their trademarks.
#11717 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:32 am
I am piggy backing on this thread. I am looking for a good 2 line cordless system as well. We current use a 1 line Uniden TRU9485-3 (http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-TRU9485-3-Cordless-Answering-Handsets/dp/B000ETNVKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245500868&sr=1-1) and love it. I am considering the Panasonic KX-TG6702B (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000H138HE/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance). The reasons I am considering are:
- DECT 6.0
- 2 line
- handsets support headsets

Does anyone have a better suggestion? There does not appear to be very many 2 line cordless systems on the market, or I don't know how to look for them.

Scott
#11865 by frank1
Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 am
I picked up a 4 handset Panasonic Dect 6.0 set from Costco. They are on sale through the end of the month. Originally $99.95 minus $20 instant coupon from the Costco book, for a sale price of $79.95 out the door. They work great with the Ooma.

The only difference between the one on sale from Costco and the one at BestBuy is the one at Costco doesn't have the keypad/speakerphone on the base station. However, each handset can be used as a speakerphone. If you don't have a need for the base station keypad/speakerphone, then you can save 40 bucks and get the Costco version. The handset phones themselves seem identical to the ones at BestBuy.

Best to get Dect 6.0, because that frequency doesn't compete with your wireless router.
#11882 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 pm
frank1 wrote:I picked up a 4 handset Panasonic Dect 6.0 set from Costco. They are on sale through the end of the month. Originally $99.95 minus $20 instant coupon from the Costco book, for a sale price of $79.95 out the door. They work great with the Ooma.

The only difference between the one on sale from Costco and the one at BestBuy is the one at Costco doesn't have the keypad/speakerphone on the base station. However, each handset can be used as a speakerphone. If you don't have a need for the base station keypad/speakerphone, then you can save 40 bucks and get the Costco version. The handset phones themselves seem identical to the ones at BestBuy.

Best to get Dect 6.0, because that frequency doesn't compete with your wireless router.

I was just at Costco looking at their cordless phones but none of them were 2 line. Is the one you picked up 2 line?

Scott