Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9990 by nodis
Wed May 20, 2009 1:54 pm
Ooma is great, but there is one feature I miss from traditional land-line as well as other VOIP carriers: Call Waiting Caller ID. VoicePulse has this, AT&T CallVantage had it, Vonage has it, etc., so I doubt it is too esoteric or hard to implement.

What is Call Waiting Caller ID? Basically, with a phone that supports the feature, when you get a second call while you are already on the phone, you see the Caller ID info of the second person calling as well as hearing the audible Call Waiting clicks or tones. Ooma currently supports Caller Waiting, but not Call Waiting Caller ID. As a result, there is no way to tell who the other caller is without checking another phone plugged into a separate hub or scout (in this scenario the second caller will be ringing on Line 2, as well as causing the Call Waiting tones on Line 1).

I'd be perfectly happy seeing Call Waiting Caller ID rolled out as a Premier feature, as opposed to core functionality, if that was necessary to help defray the costs to implement.
#9994 by bryanlyle
Wed May 20, 2009 2:07 pm
Ooma has Call Waiting Caller ID. My phone does it when I get another call. I am using Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones.
#10000 by nodis
Wed May 20, 2009 4:31 pm
That is weird. I have newish (2 year old) Uniden 5.8 GHz multi-handset phones. No Call Waiting Caller ID with Ooma, although the feature worked great with CallVantage and VoicePulse with the same phones. So I am pretty sure my phones are not at issue.

I wrote to Ooma customer service to ask if Ooma has as a feature Call Waiting Caller ID. They said they did not, and suggested I post to this forum.

Odd!
#10001 by Shell
Wed May 20, 2009 4:46 pm
That is weird they say they don't but then again I have a feeling some of the CSR's don't know as much as they should. I have AT&T DECT 6.0 phones and it works with mine as well.
#10003 by nodis
Wed May 20, 2009 5:02 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I agree I simply must have hit a CSR who didn't know his stuff completely.

Based on your postings, I checked the system settings for my phone. When I toggled the Call Waiting settings from "CW DLX" to "CW ON," voila -- Caller ID worked with Call Waiting!!! No idea what Call Waiting Deluxe is (the setting my phones had been toggled to), but I too can confirm that Call Waiting Caller ID does indeed work with Ooma!

Someone should lock this thread now... :)