Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10853 by scottlindner
Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:48 am
sokha wrote:i just setup a webcam for a customer.

you should get one for your wife.
the family and friends get to SEE the baby too. :-)
great way to stay in touch for FREE!!
free locally, nationwide and internationally.
and let other VoIP service eat up some of the minutes. :-)

I'd like to. Here are my requirements.

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1690&p=10489&hilit=video#p10489
#10882 by Colanth
Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:50 am
Scott, have you tried Skype? The audio on the free service is almost as good as ooma (to other Skype users, you have to pay to call telephones) and the video is as good as your camera. She can use Skype to talk to family and ooma to talk to people who don't want to use their computers to talk to people.

Al
#10886 by Bobby B
Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 am
We're putting together a framework that will create an API for external developers. Unfortunately, the earliest it would be available would probably be in September or October.

scottlindner wrote:This is part question, part request. Is there a developer's API? If there isn't, can we get one?

Cheers,
Scott
#10890 by scottlindner
Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 am
Colanth wrote:Scott, have you tried Skype? The audio on the free service is almost as good as ooma (to other Skype users, you have to pay to call telephones) and the video is as good as your camera. She can use Skype to talk to family and ooma to talk to people who don't want to use their computers to talk to people.

Al

We're veering away from the original topic. I have not tried Skype because as far as I know there is no computerless video phone product for the one half of my family that I know won't use a computer.

Scott
#19686 by quake101
Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:17 pm
Bobby B wrote:We're putting together a framework that will create an API for external developers. Unfortunately, the earliest it would be available would probably be in September or October.

scottlindner wrote:This is part question, part request. Is there a developer's API? If there isn't, can we get one?

Cheers,
Scott

Thank you, I'm looking forward to the API release. :)
#19830 by jm9496
Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 am
+1

and I would like to add a request to the API of some type of real time push-type delivery of incoming call information. Then this could be used to pop up caller ID on every computer in a home, for example.
#78295 by Bobby B
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:46 pm
Sorry no update on this project - it's been pushed off the table for now.
#84043 by steadman1
Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:41 am
Any Update on this as I see some great products that could come to OOMA with a API , that could project them to the enterprise...
#84044 by scottlindner
Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 am
steadman1 wrote:Any Update on this as I see some great products that could come to OOMA with a API , that could project them to the enterprise...

Ooma is not looking to compete with corporate products. Only home and small home office users.