Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9868 by DW40
Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 am
I absolutely love the instant second line! Question to follow:

So, now utilizing Premier service I have gotten a second number from another area code. Love the way I can **1 and caller ID shows us calling from the second number. The second number calling is NOT assigned specifically to the scout, but IF I did that then, and only then, I would be able to give a second voice message specific to the 2nd number, is that correct? And would that mean I would lose the instant second line feature IF we assigned the 2nd number to the scout?

Thanks for the help on this. This ooma system gets better each month!
#9870 by jmassimilla
Mon May 18, 2009 11:09 am
DW40 wrote:
So, now utilizing Premier service I have gotten a second number from another area code. Love the way I can **1 and caller ID shows us calling from the second number. The second number calling is NOT assigned specifically to the scout, but IF I did that then, and only then, I would be able to give a second voice message specific to the 2nd number, is that correct? And would that mean I would lose the instant second line feature IF we assigned the 2nd number to the scout?

Yes, if you assign the second number to the scout, you would have separate voicemail capabilities for that number as well as separate call logs, etc. You would not loose the second line capability with your main number as long as the second number was not in use. If it is in use, you would still get a call waiting signal and could flash over to the second call while putting the first call on hold. You have a maximum usage of 2 lines at once.
#9872 by murphy
Mon May 18, 2009 11:13 am
You could add another scout, leave it unassigned, and you would again have the second line capability on the hub number. You would need a third telephone set connected to the new scout to make use of it.
#9898 by DW40
Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm
jmassimilla or anyone,

This is good information to know, but I have one followup quesion. If I do assign the second number to my scout, then wouldn't that mean that the number calling out (Caller ID) would then be the 2 number information rather than my main number by default?