Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9857 by Skippy
Mon May 18, 2009 8:36 am
The first thing that you need to do during the installation process is to go online and register by entering the MAC address of the Ooma. The MAC address is printed on the sticker on the bottom of the unit.

Make the numbers BIGGER so that people can read them. I realize that it's only a one-time thing and once it's entered you don't have to do it again but the MAC address is printed in a 6-pt font. The numbers should be bigger to make it easier for people.

Also... why is the MAC address that's printed on the bottom of the unit not the real/actual MAC address of the Ooma? I run my own DHCP server at home and I noticed that the real MAC address is one digit different from the one printed on the label.
#9860 by murphy
Mon May 18, 2009 8:51 am
Skippy wrote:Also... why is the MAC address that's printed on the bottom of the unit not the real/actual MAC address of the Ooma? I run my own DHCP server at home and I noticed that the real MAC address is one digit different from the one printed on the label.

The hub has two MAC addresses. The one on the sticker is the MAC address for the Modem port. The one you are seeing is the one for the Home port. Log into the hub and you can see them both displayed.

http://setup.ooma.com
#9861 by southsound
Mon May 18, 2009 9:02 am
Your comments about the font being hard to read have been brought up by many others and are especially accurate for folks with "more mature" eyes like mine. The biggest problem is the confusion between characters like B and 8. ooma has responded by making a change in the font used to make it more readable. I would assume there are still many with the old font in the pipeline, but in the future, it will be better.

Welcome to the ooma community!
#22605 by Rezolution
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm
murphy wrote:
Skippy wrote:Also... why is the MAC address that's printed on the bottom of the unit not the real/actual MAC address of the Ooma? I run my own DHCP server at home and I noticed that the real MAC address is one digit different from the one printed on the label.

The hub has two MAC addresses. The one on the sticker is the MAC address for the Modem port. The one you are seeing is the one for the Home port. Log into the hub and you can see them both displayed.

http://setup.ooma.com

In my case, the MAC address on the sticker is the MAC address of the HOME port. The MAC address of the MODEM port is one higher.