Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#111592 by jctcom
Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:01 pm
I don't know how possible or easy this is but I get quite a few people these days that assume everyone's number is a cell phone number and sends text messages to a landline number.

I would love it if there were some sort of forwarding feature that could forward these "Text To Voice" messages as they end up to my Cell phone as the original text message with the ability to reply to same.

:D :idea:

Carl.
#111656 by oomantx
Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:30 am
The lack of this feature is the #1 reason why I feel I cannot recommend Ooma to friends and other family. Most people I know have dropped home phone service altogether and rely on mobile phones entirely which they use for voice and notably TEXTING. Some of those friends and family, like me, have crummy cell reception at home and want a home phone service because of that. They have grown accustom to the ability to give someone one phone number -- their mobile -- where they receive both voice and text. When they realize they cannot longer do that with Ooma, they immediately lose interest. They are also quick to point out there is at least one competing voip service by a well known, large company that does provide voice and text so they are using that instead.
#111657 by jctcom
Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:37 am
Please educate us.

I am not aware of any land line or VOIP company that provides text messaging let alone will forward your text messages to your cell? (I am in Canada so Maybe not as Many VOIP offerings here).

You mention a Large VOIP company. I believe here Vonage is the largest and I am just in the process of switching from them to Ooma. Unless you mean Skype? I don't really consider them a VOIP company as I cannot connect my regular Dect 6.0 (Or any other regular phone system) to their service as far as I know.

I would like to see this feature implemented but I have no illusions about it happening right away.

Carl.
#111661 by lbmofo
Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:30 pm
I think oomantx is talking about Comcast digital phone. Or at least I know Comcast provides texting. However just for that, paying more than $30 per month isn't smart IMHO.