Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#111371 by davesilver
Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 am
I request a feature that requires the callerto be prompted to press a number a before the call will ring through. How it would work: When the ooma first answers the caller would hear a greeting something like "this is 555 1212 press "2" to leave a message. At that point if the caller presses "2" the phone would ring. If not the phone would hang up after the "press 2" message repeats several times. If they press "2" the call would go through and either be answered or go to voicemail as usual. This screens out all automated calls even if they are not on the blacklist, and most automated telemarket calls would also be screened as they don't usually have the ability to dial a number. I have an outboard screening system that does this (Screen machine) and it is great but would like it built into the ooma. Thanks
#111373 by MLXXXp
Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 pm
For this to be useful to some people, the much requested whitelisting feature would also need to be implemented. You could then whitelist numbers that you want to ring without requiring a keypress, such as the automated police alerts that are available in my area.
#111374 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:17 pm
School district also broadcast important info via automated system; these will be rejected if no ability to whitelist.