Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#110724 by spaparatto
Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 pm
I have the need to multi ring multiple phone numbers instead of just one. Both Vonage and Optimum allowed up to 3. this is very useful when I want the number to ring at a second location AND my cell. Thanks!
#110729 by EX Bell
Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:15 pm
Would be nice, but there's a simple and free workaround. If you setup a Google Voice number, you can forward calls in Ooma to your Google Voice number and then Google Voice can ring up to 6 different phone numbers.
#110737 by spaparatto
Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:07 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. But I found that it probably will not work for me. There seems to be no way to stop Google from answering a call. I still want my home answering system to pick up the call when there is a ring no answer (or the second location). It is too much of a hassle trying to base it on timing especially with a multi ring situation. But it is a good idea.
#110739 by EX Bell
Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm
I see. Is that because you want to be able to access voicemail from the Telo? Otherwise, Google Voice offers more voicemail features than Ooma does, except for rings to answer.
#110743 by Tuan
Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:35 pm
spaparatto wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. But I found that it probably will not work for me. There seems to be no way to stop Google from answering a call. I still want my home answering system to pick up the call when there is a ring no answer (or the second location). It is too much of a hassle trying to base it on timing especially with a multi ring situation. But it is a good idea.

In order to prevent GV from picking up the RNA, you must check the box "require key press before answering forwarded calls" in my ooma setup screen under preferences, call forwarding. But you must press 1 to answer all phone calls.