Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#110310 by phoenixtommy
Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 am
I have only had Ooma Telo for two months, so I'm still figuring it out.

I have set both the Ooma crowdsourced blacklist going to voice mail as well as my personal blacklist -- just in case I screw up and block a call I want to come through. On my personal blacklist, I block all of the toll free numbers, i.e., 800*, 888*, 877*, etc. My experience is they are 90% solicitors, spammers, robocallers and other people you have to say no to. Just in case it is legitimate, I have it go to voice mail. From this, I would like two more features:

--White list: in case there are numbers I want to get through
--Blacklist-blacklist: for numbers that leave a message that I don't want to listen to

I keep getting a message that is blocked by the Ooma crowdsourced blacklist. I would like to block it from leaving a message and maybe going to the 'this line is no longer in service' message. Hey, I'm happy to be able to not have the call ring. Maybe I'm getting too feature happy.

Oh, and just for curiosity, I would love to see a list of all of the calls that have been blocked, too.
#110324 by Telo_BK
Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm
and- PS: these features have been unaddressed other than - "it's on our to-do list" (so go away)- so far and Ooma's still in business... we're sorry, these requests are not in service, please hang up and try your call again
#110329 by lbmofo
Tue May 28, 2013 6:14 am
In its current implementation with wildcard blacklisting, Ooma's blacklist is the most powerful and flexible in the industry. Don't think anyone even comes close. If you know otherwise, why not share.
#110337 by JL-ATL
Tue May 28, 2013 2:49 pm
Look at a program called phone tray. Free. Only problem is your phone rings once before it can act,

Has all the features everyone has been asking for. Let's you filter by number or caller ID name, and with wild cards.

If you have an old computer with a modem with caller ID it will let you set up how you want to have the system respond.

If you have voice on your modem you can have it hang up or play any kind of message. Phone not in service for example, or you can record your own message.

Also keeps a log of calls it blocks.

Again, free. How hard can it be for Ooma to pay any attention to their customers and add just one of these advanced features.
#110349 by lbmofo
Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 pm
You can not judge how easy it for Ooma to implement some of these outstanding requests by looking at 3rd party products such as Phone Tray. If so easy, all carriers should have theses features integrated into their systems already. With that said, that doesn't necessarily mean Ooma won't implement them. My point is that Ooma is already ahead of other carriers in blacklist features. If you look at how the big boys (Comcast, etc) implemented their blacklist features if they even have one, it may look like a joke.
#110561 by JL-ATL
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 pm
No, I cannot tell how easy or hard it is to implement. But Ooma has already implemented sub-string searches on number black list phone numbers (ability to block on partial phone numbers). A similar search on the Caller ID field should be very similar.

As far as I can tell Ooma has not commented on this. Considering that this request has come up a number of times their silence is disappointing.

Ooma - if you are out there and read these forums please let us know. What are you thinking?

I get 1-3 calls a day from a caller ID that starts "Toll Free...". The phone numbers are different all the time. A block on the caller id would go a long, long way.
#111467 by consultmac
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 pm
I am trying out Ooma. I am currently very happy with the whitelisting function of my current VOIP (itpvoip.com) but the call quality leaves a bit to be desired. I would pay the Ooma premium tariff and switch if Ooma had a whitelist function like the one at itpvoip. While some of the junk callers we get regularly (and are blocked) are from "toll free" exchanges, many are not! This week we've been attempted to be reached by some scammer regarding "lower your interest rates" and the caller ID is 301-555-5555 (Directory service)!! With my white list, all blocked with not a single ringing of my phone.
#111471 by Tom
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm
As with any company it's all a matter of juggling priorities and resources. These past months priority has been the small business solution. Next week a new residential release will start going out with many bug fixes.
#111593 by JL-ATL
Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm
Do you have any other information on the upcoming upgrade?

There are some features I have really been looking for.