Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#110062 by Telo_BK
Sun May 19, 2013 11:57 am
I want the calls I missed while my Telo is in DND (Do-Not-Disturb) mode to appear in the call log. Now I can find them only if someone left a voicemail (but they're not listed in the log, only in voicemail).
#110064 by lbmofo
Sun May 19, 2013 3:36 pm
This is the same behavior for blacklisted calls (call logs not registering those calls rejected by blacklists and there are requests to have these show up on logs).

Currently, Ooma devices write to the call logs so if the device is offline, no call logs either.

Without getting into details on where the logs creation should get initiated (Edge or Central Softswitch), it seems that to accommodate, Ooma needs to create at least a few more categories or 1 more category with a few subcategories.

Currently, call logs have Incoming Calls, Outgoing Calls, and Missed Calls.

1 More Category = Rejected?

Rejected - Community Blacklist
Rejected - Personal Blacklist
Rejected - Whitelist
Rejected - PIN Privacy
Rejected - DND
Rejected - Anonymous Call Block
Rejected - Ooma Device Offline

At least, for your request though, there is a workaround. Unplug the phone from Telo and turn off the Telo volume instead of doing DND.
#110080 by Tom
Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 am
DND calls have been logged to the call logs as missed calls since the 60080 release. Any call not physically reaching the unit is currently not logged. It's on the roadmap.
#110095 by Telo_BK
Mon May 20, 2013 12:30 pm
Tom B wrote:DND calls have been logged to the call logs as missed calls since the 60080 release. Any call not physically reaching the unit is currently not logged. It's on the roadmap.

That's interesting- seems that I'm not getting those logged. I will test it a few times, but is there something I need to configure in MyOoma, or in Telo setup?
#110100 by murphy
Mon May 20, 2013 1:48 pm
You need to not reboot your Telo. The logs are captured in the Telo and periodically transferred to the Ooma server. If you reboot, any logs that are still in the Telo are lost.
#110114 by Telo_BK
Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 pm
That's good to know- but I haven't rebooted since long before the calls I missed during DND periods (each night). Our niece texted us that she tried to call this evening and couldn't get through. Since she dials us from her cellphone's phonebook it's unlikely she mis-dialed. I will find out tomorrow what she experienced, but there's nothing in the log. My Internet service and power have not been interrupted. I have found that calls are typically logged within a minute of the time they end. I just tried twice with DND off, then twice again with it on and the calls were logged very quickly.

Is that typical? What could make it vary?

Many thanks!
#110122 by Tom
Tue May 21, 2013 6:44 am
So all 4 calls were logged?
#110125 by Telo_BK
Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Tom B wrote:So all 4 calls were logged?

Yes, and quickly too! I will keep looking at this and testing every now and then. As yet, I can't re-create the anomaly. Logging seems to be working just fine now. (Thanks for your quick response and concern.)

I have yet to hear from our niece as to what happened when she couldn't get through. That's the first "report" of that and I need more information.
#110127 by murphy
Tue May 21, 2013 12:24 pm
FYI: The logs roll off the back end after 60 days so if you need a permanent record you need to download the logs to your computer on a regular basis.